Assistant Coaches

We have Hodgo, a club legend, as an assistant coach…is he any good?, can he coach or has he got the job because of his WT reputation?, why can’t he teach Mbye or AD how to kick goals?, would he be an assistant for any other club?( doubt it)…I think we need to look at out assistant coaches…they should be hired based on their skill level not on their WT past reputations

@tigerap said in Assistant Coaches:

We have Hodgo, a club legend, as an assistant coach…is he any good?, can he coach or has he got the job because of his WT reputation?, why can’t he teach Mbye or AD how to kick goals?, would he be an assistant for any other club?( doubt it)…I think we need to look at out assistant coaches…they should be hired based on their skill level not on their WT past reputations

Can’t say I rate Hodgo. He did pretty poorly with reserve grade last year, not sure what role he plays at the club. We’ve also got Webster who’s been here for years and probably needs to be moved on and Millard who I think is our attack coach?

I doubt we have the financial capacity to lure additional outstanding coaching staff to the club

I haven’t seen Hodgo in photos for a long time.
Last year he was dividing his time between coaching reserve grade and being home with his wife and kids (that live in France).
Does anyone know whether that situation has changed?
I’d imagine with COVID that would of made things more difficult for him.

@Tiger_Steve said in Assistant Coaches:

I doubt we have the financial capacity to lure additional outstanding coaching staff to the club

I’d start with Geoff Toovey.

Get Dean Pay.

Madge is too insecure to take on decent assistants after the Siebold saga

@Harvey said in Assistant Coaches:

Get Dean Pay.

Madge is too insecure to take on decent assistants after the Siebold saga

Can pay goal kick?

Just because you were a great player/goal kicker, doesn’t automatically make you a great coach. When will people realise this.

Ive heard that Anthong Griffin might be joining us as an assistant coach next year if he doesent get a NRL job

@boonboon said in Assistant Coaches:

Ive heard that Anthong Griffin might be joining us as an assistant coach next year if he doesent get a NRL job

Is this true?

If so, he’d be good.

Actually I like Griffin.
Seems very dry and old school but strikes me as a very astute judge of the game.
Definitely got shafted at Broncos and Penrith.
Have to laugh every time he talks about Moses Mbye he calls him Mumbai.

@boonboon said in Assistant Coaches:

If we can intensify the training given to our next generation of players we will develop an outstanding development system especially when the COE comes online. This means better prepared players to the NRL.

Madge made a few changes to our coaching staff last year hopefully he keeps getting rid of the dead wood

Andrew Webster has been our defence coach for years and it hasn’t got much better. Bring someone better in, honestly Dean Pay would be a great assistant coach.

@JoshColeman99 said in Assistant Coaches:

Madge made a few changes to our coaching staff last year hopefully he keeps getting rid of the dead wood

Andrew Webster has been our defence coach for years and it hasn’t got much better. Bring someone better in, honestly Dean Pay would be a great assistant coach.

Madge retained Webster…

@Geo said in Assistant Coaches:

@JoshColeman99 said in Assistant Coaches:

Madge retained Webster…

I know, and I don’t understand why. He’s never shown to be any good.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme