MaGuire Interview ..BSB..

Same thing he been saying all year

@tony-soprano said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

Same thing he been saying all year

Good! That is how principles and standards work. They are set in stone, unyielding and immovable. The principles and standards that Madge sets and asks for should never change and it is up to the players to meet them, or Madge will move them on and get others that will.

He has been steady with this all year and unlike pretty much every other coach we have had, has had the courage to follow through benching or dropping our most highly paid and regarded players. I dont know what more we can ask of him.

I am getting the feeling there is going to be a big turn over of players including Some contracted ones as well .

@Snake said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

I am getting the feeling there is going to be a big turn over of players including Some contracted ones as well .

We need it

I hope so, we are in dire need of new blood

@851 said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

It’s good that Madge wants to bring in new blood…but who is going to come to us? What cattle are out there that would improve what we already have?

@OzLuke said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

@851 said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

It’s good that Madge wants to bring in new blood…but who is going to come to us? What cattle are out there that would improve what we already have?

Acording to zero tackle these players are off contract, in all honesty I wouldn’t care if we let them all go, maybe keep Eiso and McIntyre, but thats it.
Oliver Clark, Matthew Eisenhuth, Robert Jennings, Chris Lawrence, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Alex Seyfarth, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor
Alex Johnston, JAC even Foran would strengthen our team.

Where’s POM when you need him, I’m sure he/she has some idea of who’s gonna stay and who’s gonna go.

Zero tackle lists Ferris for the sharks as off contract. 1st game last week, but he looked good and surely the sharks can’t keep them all.

Other than that there is not a lot there, and not sure it is accurate. I would look at Jordan McLean, Welch, Sam Stone, or Elliot.

Tass had big wraps on him, but the fact that he can’t get a game for the dogs is a worrying sign.

O’Sullivan is a young half with ability.

I never thought I would suggest someone as old, but Soliola would add a hard head to the forwards.

Unless other clubs are moving contracted players on, there is not a lot there.

We finally have an NRL coach hey

I like his consistent message, generally focused on where we need to go and talking positively. I think those things work. I think Seibold and Pay came unstuck when they started to talk about the limits of their roster and all the players out. You hear Roosters (whose entire backrow is missing) and storm talk about players out as an opportunity and Madge is in that vein.

@tiger05premier said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

Maybe not for long if you believe the rumours that grub Hooper was trying to fester.

PS - I don’t reckon there’s any truth in them but I’d be looking to extend Maguire soon. We need coaching/recruitment stability soooo badly

@Tiger_Steve said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

Maybe not for long if you believe the rumours that grub Hooper was trying to fester.

PS - I don’t reckon there’s any truth in them but I’d be looking to extend Maguire soon. We need coaching/recruitment stability soooo badly

Pooper just got countered by Brent Read in the battle of the poopers…

@Geo said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

@Tiger_Steve said in MaGuire Interview ..BSB..:

Pooper just got countered by Brent Read in the battle of the poopers…

Just read the Brent Read article you posted👍

Love the stab at Cleary

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme