The Benji as a senior player era

This is who Benji is…dud kicks, gave away repeat sets…no control over sets, clueless crabbing across field, horrific defensive reads…

That describes 80% of the last decade of his career. Not just tonight…

20% of it has been magical. The highs are very high…but there is little in between consistency.

But why do we all act surprised when it happens yet again? Why do we act surprised that the team is up and down when its main play maker is?

Nothing will ever change until he retires. It is not even debatable at this point fellas.

last edited by ElleryHanley

@ElleryHanley said in The Benji as a senior player era:

This is who Benji is…dud kicks, gave away repeat sets…no control over sets, clueless crabbing across field, horrific defensive reads…

20% of it has been magical. The highs are very high…but there is little in between consistency.

But why do we all act surprised when it happens yet again? Why do we act surprised that the team is up and down when its main play maker is?

Nothing will ever change until he retires. It is not even debatable at this point fellas.

I have been saying that for 2 years and yet some people are still wanting him to back up again next year.It is total insanity he will not improve and i dont care how cheap he is

Always been rocks and diamonds

@Tigerstar said in The Benji as a senior player era:

Always been rocks and diamonds

when was the last diamond?

@jadtiger said in The Benji as a senior player era:

I have been saying that for 2 years and yet some people are still wanting him to back up again next year.It is total insanity he will not improve and i dont care how cheap he is

Really? Bit silly of you to have been saying that when he was easily our best playmaker taking control of games and earning Dally M points. Yes it was a run of good form and has gone to complete crap recently, but don’t act like you’ve always been right.

Everyone knows Benji is rocks and diamonds, but before the last month he has easily been our best half.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He couldn’t consistently get us to the finals when he was 25, I don’t know why Cleary, Maguire and Pascoe thought/think he could at 35.

Thanks for the memories Benji, but enough is enough.

He was woeful tonight, Reynolds in for him next week and no contract next year

@Fraze23 said in The Benji as a senior player era:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He couldn’t consistently get us to the finals when he was 25, I don’t know why Cleary, Maguire and Pascoe thought/think he could at 35.

To be fair Madge prob doesent but once you have paid Josh Reynolds 800k in the same position who has hardly bee fit you need someone to play their so your 10th not 16th

@Moh said in The Benji as a senior player era:

Really? Bit silly of you to have been saying that when he was easily our best playmaker taking control of games and earning Dally M points. Yes it was a run of good form and has gone to complete crap recently, but don’t act like you’ve always been right.

Everyone knows Benji is rocks and diamonds, but before the last month he has easily been our best half.

You have clearly mistaken me for somebody else i have not stated any of what you say i have.He has not been our best half either this year

Apart from the first round, Reynolds has been better than Benji all year. Can’t work out why he is there

before the last month he was dropped… he wasnt even in the freaking team.

@Fraze23 said in The Benji as a senior player era:

Your post is spot on…and I hate to say all this, but it is true.

He could not do these things in his prime…he was always massively inconsistent as a senior player and the club has followed suit.

You have Thurston Cronk Smith 9 / 10 guys weekly. You have Benji 9/10 once a month.

You have Blake Green 7 out of 10 every week.

And then you have Benji’s “off games” three times a month 3/10 style.

We have needed a steady 7/10 style half there for ages and let the team develop consistency. Sadly has not happened.

Time to retire ol mate, stinker of a night with many friends.

Keen to clear the old guard, same stench is lingering around the tigers as it has the last 10 years

His D the first month was the worst in the league at that position. Worst.

And has gone even further backwards…

he has to go!! career is finished, please retire he has gone two seasons to long

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme