A crucial period for Madge...

Forgive the multiple posts, but I do think we are at a point where things need to be debated…

Which brings me to Madge…

The uncompromising style has had one big problem…redemption has always come unearned.

And that is not his entirely his fault…an inherited roster and this complete aberration of a season have caused so many issues.

But basically everyone he has dropped…has come back without earning it or changing.

Benji dropped for poor reads and lack of control… Benji back without doing a thing to improve. Same poor reads / soft tries / seven tackle sets. Nothing achieved.

Every forward dropped has come back without showing anything…Garner about three times for the exact same issues.

We all know Garner will be back next week as there is no one else and he will have to sack someone after a hiding like that. Nothing achieved.

Halves have all been dropped…but they all come back the exact same. Brooks not a single change.

We are at the point where all this undermines Madge. He has had the balls to drop them and to tell people they are not wanted…but there is a real limit on how many times you can drop / yell at a player before no one cares anymore.

If anyone has read my posts before, you’d know I am in Madge’s corner. But it is time to just write off the season and experiment and move forward.

Pick a new spine and tell them they have the last month and half no matter what. Give someone else a shot at goals. Find a new captain. Step back…start to see 2021/2022.

Just don’t keep yelling at them and swapping bad for worse every odd week.

I have a feeling WT’s association with a Madge won’t end well.

Hmmmm that would be a shame.
But things have gone seriously off the rails in last 2-3 weeks.
Hope things could be resolved.

There’s no coach turning this team around in less than 3 years. Madge doing the best with the crap he has been given. His recruitment has been smart and the club as a whole is building, unfortunately a tough draw and some poor performances will not make us look good on the ladder come the end of the year but as a whole I think the club is building the right way.

He’s going about things a whole lot better than our last couple coaches. He’s playing the long game which takes patience but in our current predicament it’s the best option. We can’t afford a new coach, extend Madge one more season and see how he goes.

Desperately need to keep cleaning out the rubbish from our cap, he’s trying his best and will continue to try. I’m happy he’s tough and willing to yell and drop players, a soft coach wouldn’t be able to change our culture I think

He’s not perfect and has made mistakes but he’s our best option

last edited by JoshColeman99

@avocadoontoast said in A crucial period for Madge...:

I have a feeling WT’s association with a Madge won’t end well.

It will if he persists with the status quo.

I really hope he doesn’t.

Viva la revolution!!!

last edited by bigsiro

Just watched the presser…disappointing to be honest. “We need to learn how to control momentum…do all the little things…completions…etc”.

Reality is we have beaten no one above us. Reality is Newcastle are a 7th / 8th place type team and they have beaten us 40 + TWICE.

We need to realise where we really are.

More like a crucial period for all our players

If we don’t re sign them what other club on the planet would

Its their future and Madge will sort them out if they don’t perform

@ElleryHanley said in A crucial period for Madge...:

Just watched the presser…disappointing to be honest. “We need to learn how to control momentum…do all the little things…completions…etc”.

Reality is we have beaten no one above us. Reality is Newcastle are a 7th / 8th place type team and they have beaten us 40 + TWICE.

He’s not wrong though. Errors and a lack of game management killed us. Did we force a drop out all game? Lots of laziness in defenders that was not there a few weeks ago.

@JoshColeman99 said in A crucial period for Madge...:

There’s no coach turning this team around in less than 3 years. Madge doing the best with the crap he has been given. His recruitment has been smart and the club as a whole is building, unfortunately a tough draw and some poor performances will not make us look good on the ladder come the end of the year but as a whole I think the club is building the right way.

He’s going about things a whole lot better than our last couple coaches. He’s playing the long game which takes patience but in our current predicament it’s the best option. We can’t afford a new coach, extend Madge one more season and see how he goes.

Desperately need to keep cleaning out the rubbish from our cap, he’s trying his best and will continue to try. I’m happy he’s tough and willing to yell and drop players, a soft coach wouldn’t be able to change our culture I think

All true…but Madge needs to step back and drop the rhetoric for a while and assess where we are.

The commander general speeches are great IF used appropriately. Keep them up your sleeve for when they will count. Right now, we need to accept we have not beaten anyone above it and most of them have given us a hiding. Write the season off and use it to experiment.

All true…but Madge needs to step back and drop the rhetoric for a while and assess where we are.

The commander general speeches are great IF used appropriately. Keep them up your sleeve for when they will count. Right now, we need to accept we have not beaten anyone above it and most of them have given us a hiding. Write the season off and use it to experiment.

Didn’t look like he sprayed them this week. I don’t see Madge giving up on the season at any point to be honest doesn’t seem like that kind of guy. He has managed to give quite a few young. Guys a chance this season though

He’s not wrong though. Errors and a lack of game management killed us. Did we force a drop out all game? Lots of laziness in defenders that was not there a few weeks ago.

Benji and BJ made those same lazy tackle efforts week two v Newcastle also though.

It is not as simple as being tired. Benji’s two shockers were right after the break. i.e. when fresh.

Sorry but this year is more his team than last year and we’re going backwards. I was in favour of an extension during the week but there is no way in hell he should get one now.

@avocadoontoast said in A crucial period for Madge...:

Sorry but this year is more his team than last year and we’re going backwards. I was in favour of an extension during the week but there is no way in hell he should get one now.

It’s still barely his team mate. I would say we’re doing the same as last year. There’s no better options than Madge and a rebuild takes a long time

Have the players got to much control? Sheens, Taylor and Potter lost the players group and appears Maguire heading down the same route.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme