Worst teams in recent history

I’m going to call the Broncos the worst team in recent memory. Curious what others think?

I think the Broncos will end up with the spoon. I’ve seen quite a bit of them this year ‘thanks’ to Channel 9 and they are the worst coached side I can remember since one of Kearney’s Parra teams, 2011 I’ll go with. Injuries or not this Broncos team have zero discipline and no character. I can’t remember any team consistently getting beaten by so much.

My memory is a bit fuzzier for 2000-2009 but there were some awful Souths teams in that time. We’ve had bad ones but I don’t think we’ve ever deserved the spoon, maybe 2013 but that’s it.

Honourable mentions:
Newcastle 2016
Parra 2011
Titans 2019

That eels team was pretty bad.
The Broncos are woeful atm but I’d take probably five of their players happily.so much talent.
But performance wise the broncos have put in some of the worst displays I’ve ever seen

Depends how far you go back. I dont want to raise bad memories or partisanship here, but there was an article I read today that outlined that statistically, the worst team of all time was 99 Magpies.

this is certainly ancient history,but the 1966 roosters team didn’t win a game in that season.it was a ten team competition so they lost 18 straight.
Things have certainly changed since then.

@Tiger5150 said in Worst teams in recent history:

Depends how far you go back. I dont want to raise bad memories or partisanship here, but there was an article I read today that outlined that statistically, the worst team of all time was 99 Magpies.

Wests were bad in 1999, they were scratching for players, only won 3 games all year, against souths, Penrith and Balmain

last edited by 851

They were…but there was one thing about that team…everyone turned up and had a dig every week regardless of the thumpings…

The 99 Magpies had a very ordinary squad that pales in comparison to the Broncos of this year.

This post is deleted!

@851 said in Worst teams in recent history:

Wests were bad in 1999, they were scratching for players, only won 3 games all year, against souths, Penrith and Balmain

Thats right and I would hope that kills off any potential partisan arguing on this point. Magpies statistically the worst ever, and still beat Balmain.

We were meant for each other.

Newcastle in 2016 won 1 game all year… couldn’t imagine who it was against though

@diedpretty said in Worst teams in recent history:

The 99 Magpies had a very ordinary squad that pales in comparison to the Broncos of this year.

They did get 16,605 to Campbelltown to see them beat Balmain, their last win of the season, at the end of the year the team was full of near park footballers, so yeah you are right

@hobbo1 said in Worst teams in recent history:

Balmain 1994

Leave Balmain out of it hobbo

@Geo said in Worst teams in recent history:

They were…but there was one thing about that team…everyone turned up and had a dig every week regardless of the thumpings…

I agree, i remember watching them and always thinking they were trying their hardest. Just outclassed. We need some of that attitude =p

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme