Aloiai staying ambitious despite Knights defeat

Author
Caitlyn Grant
Timestamp
Tue 11 Aug 2020, 03:45 PM

Wests Tigers forward Josh Aloiai said the side are staying positive and focused on the job at hand this weekend despite a disappointing defeat to the Newcastle Knights in Round 13.

One of the side’s best throughout the 2020 season so far, Aloiai conceded the past fortnight had been an extremely frustrating one for players, fans and Members alike, but said there was still plenty to be positive about — starting with a must-win game against the Bulldogs this Sunday at Bankwest Stadium.

“We’re still staying ambitious and we have our goals since we’ve had at the start,” he emphasised. "We’re not going to shy away from that and we’re still trying to get there. We’re just narrowing our focus week-by-week but also keep a real commitment.

“We’ve been talking about turning it around for so long and this week means everything for us.

“We’re disappointed but we’re not lacking belief or confidence," he said.

"We’re expecting to go out there and put in a really good performance.

“We’re still trying to do the right thing at training and tick all the right boxes, and we’re still really confident in what we can do.”

fluff

Perhaps Aloiai can try not getting man-handled this week. Just a thought, it could be a good idea.

Sounds promising and I don’t Aloiai is a liar.

Sounds promising and I don’t think Aloiai is a liar.

Trying to stay positive? I don’t see that at all during the games. I see the team’s heads go down, and a lot of players give up.

I find this article so rubbish it is offensive.

@TheDaBoss said in Aloiai staying ambitious despite Knights defeat:

Author
Caitlyn Grant
Timestamp
Tue 11 Aug 2020, 03:45 PM

Wests Tigers forward Josh Aloiai said the side are staying positive and focused on the job at hand this weekend despite a disappointing defeat to the Newcastle Knights in Round 13.

One of the side’s best throughout the 2020 season so far, Aloiai conceded the past fortnight had been an extremely frustrating one for players, fans and Members alike, but said there was still plenty to be positive about — starting with a must-win game against the Bulldogs this Sunday at Bankwest Stadium.

“We’re still staying ambitious and we have our goals since we’ve had at the start,” he emphasised. "We’re not going to shy away from that and we’re still trying to get there. We’re just narrowing our focus week-by-week but also keep a real commitment.

“We’ve been talking about turning it around for so long and this week means everything for us.

“We’re disappointed but we’re not lacking belief or confidence," he said.

"We’re expecting to go out there and put in a really good performance.

“We’re still trying to do the right thing at training and tick all the right boxes, and we’re still really confident in what we can do.”

Well he definitely needs to stand up and be counted I thought he hadn’t played the last 2 weeks

wish I shared your ambition and optimism Josh.

These articles are just crap.
Someone says the same rubbish after every loss. We’re disappointed and are working hard to improve and maintain the standards we set ourselves.

Blah blah blah

If most players in the team record personal best stats this coming weekend that’s the only measure of progress and actually walking the talk.

Judging from the team sheet we’ve got little hope of this happening though

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🤐

It all remains to be seen on the field

Totally lost me at the mention of a must-win game against the Bulldogs.
What about all the other must win games that we never win.

Did I miss Brooks this is my team piece this week ?

@Snake said in Aloiai staying ambitious despite Knights defeat:

Did I miss Brooks this is my team piece this week ?

That will be out before Friday

These fluff articles are becoming endearing in a weird way. Kind of like when you patronise a little kid for scoring 3 try’s in an under 7’s game.

Talk is cheap Josh, pull your finger out and the same applies for the rest of the team.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme