Next Captain

With talk Mbye will be moved on and with Benji looking like he’ll finish up at the end of the season, it’s a possibility we will need a new captain in 2021.

So I’ve added the 5 most likely candidates. I’ve gone Doueihi. He’s the youngest option who we could build the club around for the next 5-10 years.

Luciano …

The rest are useless

Doohey for 5-10 … god help us

Douehi eventually. Maybe another full season and see where his heads at mentally.

LL Cool J at the moment. Would like James Tamuo to be signed and captain for next 2 years. AD too young and inexperienced at present.

I’m not sure Lucy is captain material to be honest. Perhaps Aloiai or Packer if Russ can become more consistent in his performances but I’m sure they could better communicate with the referees.

@rustycage said in Next Captain:

I’m not sure Lucy is captain material to be honest. Perhaps Aloiai or Packer if Russ can become more consistent in his performances but I’m sure they could better communicate with the referees.

LL didn’t stand out to me as an option

@Tcat said in Next Captain:

Douehi eventually. Maybe another full season and see where his heads at mentally.

What’s wrong with his head?

Packer is well spoken and a leader but can he stay on the field? Luciano is a leader but not sure about his communication skills.

@GNR4LIFE said in Next Captain:

It leaks tears 😭

No real stand outs. Some guys are leaders With their actions but not very talkative And some are the opposite. Wouldn’t be surprised to see co-captains again until we have a clear leader.

He’s still pretty green when it comes to playing in the NRL. After the tears last week, the pressures of life and a footy career (with the ups and downs) are obviously taking their toll. In a year or 2, we will have a clear indication of whether he’s legit captain material. I think he has potential, but we’ll see.

That’s a pretty sad bunch to try and pick a captain out of. I don’t think Brooks needs any extra pressure by being captain, tbh, I would throw Nofa in there before Brooks at least he has a go each week and shows passion, albeit with the odd error or two, but no worse than our existing captains now.

He’s still pretty green when it comes to playing in the NRL. After the tears last week, the pressures of life and a footy career (with the ups and downs) are obviously taking their toll. In a year or 2, we will have a clear indication of whether he’s legit captain material. I think he has potential, but we’ll see.

I’m sure a lot of what happened in Lebanon played a part in that. Not sure why so much is being made of it. Even if it wasn’t Lebanon related you could easily give him credit cos he shows passion. It was only a few weeks ago MCK copped it for joking around with opposition players. Now another player shows emotion that could be attributed with losing and we question him over it. I fail to see how him crying was a bad thing, regardless of the reason

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme