Tim Brasher...

Fantastic interview here for anyone interested:

What a life he has led. I still remember his debut (feel very old!)

Good to see he is still a Tiger at heart 🙂

Set a precedent in motion of for Balmain becoming a feeder club for the more fancied clubs. Forever the bridesmaids

I dunno bout that, I’d say we definitely got the best of Brasher.

Similar feeling to James Tedesco for me.
Brasher was the young gun we started as an 18 year old started to make rep teams then headed off to a bigger club to continue his career.

Brasher was the young gun we started as an 18 year old started to make rep teams then headed off to a bigger club to continue his career.

@Needaname said in Tim Brasher...:

Set a precedent in motion of for Balmain becoming a feeder club for the more fancied clubs. Forever the bridesmaids

Disagree with this. IMO this is precedent that sould have been maintained. Brasher was not a case of a Tedesco being raised by Tigers and going to a more successful club for more money.

He was a mixture of M Moses, & Brooks, in that he was being badly led by a manager after more money and trying to screw Balmain. Balmain said here is our offer, you have until 5pm friday to accept and he accepted the Balmain offer but a day or so late. Balmain said good bye, good luck, buy yourself a watch.

Timmy stayed with us feom 18 until like 27 we got the best of him. I knew him during his tine at balmain and his mum i got his australian training shirt from 95 world cup and some other stuff really nice guy loved the club he changed managers after he missed out on the balmain deal
The Tugers had a history of great fullbacks from Barnes to Jack to Brasher then as Wests tigers Hodgo and Teddy

He was such a good player. Balmain had some pretty good fullbacks

he really stood out amongst rubbish in the 90’s i remember hin telling me when Jones coached the team him and blocker and sirro were always like what the ? whenever jones told one of his sporting analogies

@Jedi_Tiger said in Tim Brasher...:

Timmy stayed with us feom 18 until like 27 we got the best of him. I knew him during his tine at balmain and his mum i got his australian training shirt from 95 world cup and some other stuff really nice guy loved the club he changed managers after he missed out on the balmain deal
The Tugers had a history of great fullbacks from Barnes to Jack to Brasher then as Wests tigers Hodgo and Teddy

100%. To his credit Brasher has always owned his part (his managers) part in screwing the Balmain deal up. Ive met him and spoke to him a few times and he seems a quality bloke.

Add Allan McMahon to the list of great Balmain/Tiger fullbacks (although Im sure wests side could raise with a Dorahy or two)

Sorry unsure why I posted that same message multiple times. Wasn’t my attempt to flood the forum with my thoughts. FWIW.

Thanks for posting Ellery

Great interview

I’ve lived in Newcastle all my lifr and only just found out he lived here

My guess when he left he was caught up in all the confusion with super league happening and when he got to the point of making his decision he realised Balmain was it but left it too late and Balmain stuck to their guns and said sorry too late good bye which is sad

Went to school with Tim Brasher at Grantham High School Seven Hills now Seven Hills Sports High.
Dominated school League and Union teams. One Grand final he scored all the points with the school watching on. Also very quick runner. Repeated Year 12 at John Paul II

last edited by Magpie1969

@Needaname said in Tim Brasher...:

Very different. Brash wanted to stay, but the club pulled the contract.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme