Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks

Leulia has left the bubble for family reasons and headed back to family in Canberra.

When he signed with us I was massively skeptical and unfortunately it’s been a bad move he’s been a train wreck

Hopefully he goes for good tbh

Matterson asked for time off for personal reasons too.

I don’t have a good vibe about BJ…I wished we only signed him up for 1 year with options in our favour for years 2 and 3…

Tell him not to come back. Have fun in Canberra and stay there.

What family issues could he have that Luciano doesn’t also have??

@balmain-boy said in Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks:

he’s married with kids I think

I read a comment a few weeks back that hinted of personal issues. These things can bring out traumas and attempting to manage a football career and juggle personal issues is difficult.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

shame we could do with him at the moment but gotta deal with family stuff

Might wait to see why before hangin crap on him

@innsaneink said in Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks:

Precisely. Those bagging him must all be single and not have partners of their own. Also, unless BJ’s missus is his sister or cousin (which I highly doubt is the case,) a personal family reason affecting him does not also have to involve his brother.

I think we’re all letting the heightened expectations of what he was going to bring us onfield spill into our judgement of him as a human being. That’s not fair.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

Can’t believe you lot giving a man crap for looking after his wife and kids! Family comes before everything.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks:

@innsaneink said in Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks:

Precisely. Those bagging him must all be single and not have partners of their own. Also, unless BJ’s missus is his sister or cousin (which I highly doubt is the case,) a personal family reason affecting him does not also have to involve his brother.

I think we’re all letting the heightened expectations of what he was going spill into our judgement of him as a human being. That’s not fair.

Spot on. The Covid bubble is extremely hard on players families. Ordinarily he’d drive down to Canberra and be back the next morning and there would be no issue.

Think of it another way Bennet and Vaughan broke protocols multiple times and copped the 14 day penalty a bloke is looking after his wife and kids and is rubbed out for the same time.
Broncos players go to bikie clubhouses and play pokies and get smashed.

@trentrunciman said in Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks:

His family would surely be in Sydney.

But perhaps a mother in law is ill or something like that. He deserves his privacy for now. Details may filter out later depending on the context and if he and the club are ok with it. Otherwise it’s his business and stays that way.

@trentrunciman said in Joey Leulia Out for Two Weeks:

His family would surely be in Sydney.

But perhaps a mother in law is ill or something like that. He deserves his privacy for now. Details may filter out later depending on the context and if he and the club are ok with it. Otherwise it’s his business and stays that way.

His wife’s family might be in Canberra, and she may be struggling being away from them. Polynesian culture is family oriented.

If the bloke is doing the right thing by his family, he is doing anything any of us with families would do, and should be deserving of understanding.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme