WT supporters

Which players in our squad have openly declared they are WT supporters and which players from other clubs are also known to be supporters? When I see them pointing at the jersey, when they score, to the crowd, I wonder how many actually mean it…and how many are just putting on the act!

Players support whoever pays their salary I imagine.

I know for a fact Brooks family have always been massive WT supporters so I’d imagine Brooks was as a kid growing up

Addo Carr is a Tigers supporter.

@Tiger78 said in WT supporters:

Addo Carr is a Tigers supporter.

Yes he is and so is his family. I remember reading an article about how happy he was to be playing with us when he first joined us from Cronulla, happy he could be closer to his mum and grandma (I think) who lived in the area and were also stoked he was playing with the Tigers.

Funny how things change. He made the move when he wasn’t getting many chances with us and Melbourne came calling. It must’ve been a difficult decision for him to make, moving to a whole other state after expressing how happy he was to be near family. Right move for him in the end though, it made him a superstar player, I’m not he would be the player he is today if he’d stayed at the Tigers.

The jersey emblem should be everything to the player.
He represents the emblem, past and present.
Whether they grew up supporting the club is really not that important - but absolute understanding of the jersey emblem and its “soul, spirit and meaning” must be a given.

Supporters have this expectation that players should be like them and feel the emotions they feel. In 99% of cases they would have affection for the club, but it’s still just their job and are only one better deal away from being gone.

Loyalty is a two way street - loyalty to the club and the club’s loyalty to the players.

The players know the NRL is a business and that the club will cut them if they don’t meet their expectations. So I don’t think loyalty extends too far.

I think that many of the players are much more loyal to each other than to the club. They bond with their team mates and they play for their team mates.

One of the things that struck me about our 2005 side. That team was very tight. They were all great mates - I don’t think that was an act.

I think its loyalty to your team mates that makes a successful team.

Aaron Woods; David Gower

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

“I grew up supporting the Tigers obviously because my pop (Fred) played for them and I still remember when they won the grand final in 2005 and Benji did his flick pass [to Pat Richards]. That was a highlight for me growing up. I just remember us fellas at school – we were 12 I think – trying to flick pass like Benji. I’m not blowing smoke either, that’s actually a true story. Benji was probably my idol.”

@nrlsurvivor said in WT supporters:

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

“I grew up supporting the Tigers obviously because my pop (Fred) played for them and I still remember when they won the grand final in 2005 and Benji did his flick pass [to Pat Richards]. That was a highlight for me growing up. I just remember us fellas at school – we were 12 I think – trying to flick pass like Benji. I’m not blowing smoke either, that’s actually a true story. Benji was probably my idol.”

Is he a St Greggs Junior?

@Needaname said in WT supporters:

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

De Belin played part of his junior football career with St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown and the Cootamundra Bulldogs in Group 9. He was then signed by St George Illawarra and competed in the 2011 National Youth Competition where he made it into the team of the year squad.

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

De Belin played part of his junior football career with St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown and the Cootamundra Bulldogs in Group 9. He was then signed by St George Illawarra and competed in the 2011 National Youth Competition where he made it into the team of the year squad.

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

Another one that got away.
Was a Tigers fan, in our catchment area.
Mind boggles.

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

Jack de Belin (Dragons)

Another one that got away.
Was a Tigers fan, in our catchment area.
Mind boggles.

Given his current predicament, I wouldn’t lose any sleep.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme