Josh Reynolds is unplayable at 9

He’s decent in the halves but he is so messy at 9, both in attack and defense. His loose tackling was awful, playing significant part in quick play the balls and gaps in the defensive line to setup two of their tries and our attack was a mess when he came in. I don’t think he should be the utility off the bench and he’s not as good as either Brooks or Benji. Honestly, ET is better at 9. Back to getting dropped in my opinion.

I agree he is unplayable at 9 but we don’t have other options at the moment. Except I think we are better with him and Brooks in the halves as a combo then Benji - I’d have Benji on the bench and playing 9 when he comes on next week and Reynolds starting

@boonboon said in Josh Reynolds is unplayable at 9:

I agree he is unplayable at 9 but we don’t have other options at the moment. Except I think we are better with him and Brooks in the halves as a combo then Benji - I’d have Benji on the bench and playing 9 when he comes on next week and Reynolds starting

Reynolds is an ordinary footballer. I’m more confident in the outcome when he’s not in the squad. Persevere with Marshall at 7 and Brooks at 6 …although I do think Adam D can give more to the team at 6. He’s not a fullback.

@Tiger-Tragic said in Josh Reynolds is unplayable at 9:

Reynolds is an ordinary footballer. I’m more confident in the outcome when he’s not in the squad. Persevere with Marshall at 7 and Brooks at 6 …although I do think Adam D can give more to the team at 6. He’s not a fullback.

Agree with the first half, but I don’t think you move Doueihi until you get a better fullback, and we don’t have that. He’s had a few errors but he’s really good under the high ball and is a decent distributor and kicking option. Mbye would perhaps be the other option, but he’s trash under the high ball. Nofo’s a great winger, leave him there, and Talau is a possibility but he just looks a little dicey with errors sometimes. So, I get the idea of moving him but he serves the team best at fullback. Who else is there?

And anyone who watched us play our best footy with that combo earlier in the year would agree, also Grub brings BJ in to the game, instead of Benji crabbing sideways and jamming him up for room

I don’t agree …when you get a roll on he is number 2 on the list of really getting us on the front foot bar Grant

Lids was pretty good …but he did look noticeably slower

Reynolds is unplayable.

He also killed any chance of Lucy catching Brooks’ cross field kick.

A lot of other teams are giving their backup halves some experience as the backup 9, lets get Madden in there, give him a chance to show how much his defence has improved.

I thought he was good today but yes his service from dummy half is average and his tackling technique sucks.

2 more rounds and I’d say Lids or Grant is back in that spot.

@Needaname said in Josh Reynolds is unplayable at 9:

2 more rounds and I’d say Lids or Grant is back in that spot.

100%

I think we all agree where JRey should be playing…ESL

@tigerap said in Josh Reynolds is unplayable at 9:

I think we all agree where JRey should be playing…ESL

Only COVID stopping that.

His haircut is a shocker…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme