Roosters without star Players

Sydney Roosters go into ‘camp’ as they prepare to mount title defence without star players
Liam O’Loughlin 1 hour ago
How Mary and Frederik actually met
China defends detention of Uighur model

It’s the most pressure we have seen the Sydney Roosters under in quite some time - but when the backs are to the wall, champions find a way to win.

And that is exactly the mentality that Trent Robinson will be trying to instill in his side heading into the finals, despite a horror injury toll. Luke Keary is set to miss the next month, Boyd Cordner is out indefinitely with concussion issues, and veteran Mitchell Aubusson is also out injured.

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Brett Morris, Daniel Tupou and Angus Crichton are all expected back this week - but they are still missing Victor Radley and Sam Verrills for the rest of the season.

Combine all these injuries with a loss to Melbourne that was as physical a contest as you’ll see on an NRL field, and the Tricolours are looking pretty wounded.

The depleted Roosters will be hoping what is ahead will be a third consecutive NRL title - but there are plenty of hurdles to overcome before that. Their title defence is in real danger with sides like Melbourne and Penrith in red-hot form.

They are in all sorts with injuries at the moment, and they are really being weighed down by some expectation as well. They tried to lighten the mood in the camp, and have some forward thought in what they are going to come up against in coming weeks.

It was a smart thing that Trent Robinson does, but I do think their title defence is right on edge at the moment. "There are teams far more favoured to win this year’s title.

Robinson’s side will take on the 9th-placed Wests Tigers this Saturday, who will be playing with their season on the line.

I’m just hoping we don’t make SBW look like its 2004 😒

Yep, here comes the ninth placed coalition of the willing 🤪
I expect the WT to give this game a real shake.

SBW wont play against us

@twentyforty said in Roosters without star Players:

I hope the WT to give this game a real shake.

Their team is still a lot better than ours. We will have to play a lot better than last week

@tigerap said in Roosters without star Players:

@twentyforty said in Roosters without star Players:

I hope the WT to give this game a real shake.

I hope we’re not too soft in the middle.
I read a post on here before the dogs game suggesting a few players appeared to be playing as though they’d been tapped on the shoulder. I’m beginning to wonder if so are those players living in the middle third?

@JoshColeman99 said in Roosters without star Players:

Their team is still a lot better than ours. We will have to play a lot better than last week

Especially with Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Brett Morris, Daniel Tupou and Angus Crichton all back. Would have been better off facing them last week…

Would rather the rorters at full strength. The inevitable victory would’ve tasted a lot sweeter 💪

I’m tipping Joey L for a cracker of a match. Nothing he likes more than some deep fried chooks. Will be unstoppable 😠

@Aesopian said in Roosters without star Players:

Would rather the rorters at full strength. The inevitable victory would’ve tasted a lot sweeter 💪

I’m tipping Joey L for a cracker of a match. Nothing he likes more than some deep fried chooks. Will be unstoppable 😠

If one of the Morris bros is opposing him, expect JL to be spit roasted, sauted, flame grilled, marshmellowed and kebabed.(not in that order).

last edited by pawsandclaws1

@pawsandclaws1 said in Roosters without star Players:

If one of the Morris bros is opposing him, expect JL to be spit roasted, sauted, flame grilled, marshmellowed and kebabed.(not in that order).

These are treasonous words you speak…

They’re gonna need to wheelchair Grandpa Josh off the pitch not long after Mad Joey sprinkles the 11 secret herbs & spices all over his chook thighs

@pawsandclaws1 said in Roosters without star Players:

These are treasonous words you speak…

They’re gonna need to wheelchair Grandpa Josh off the pitch not long after Mad Joey sprinkles the 11 secret herbs & spices all over his chook thighs

The Morris bros are exceptional footballers even at their age. Big loss for the Dragons letting them go.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

We will be midsing Grant musgrove Walterd Twal Jrnnings lol Mikaele

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme