Sunderland Till I Die

I know there is a Netflix thread, but i wanted to ask if anyone has watched this. So many similarities to our club. Battlers, going through coach after coach, struggling recruitment wise, poor results. Couldn’t help think that basically sums us up. Good doco.

fantastic story to watch…

God you feel sorry for those red and white north easters…

Another fan base given glimmers of hope but perpetually heart broken.

sounds like a good watch…

do they to have 1 glory year? e.g. 2005?

@TheDaBoss said in Sunderland Till I Die:

no…nothing good ever happens to this team…ever

a doco on the tiges would be interesting lol

Great show. They started making the doco not knowing the drama that would follow. Just following a big club with a huge following. Definite similarities with us

@Jedi_Tiger said in Sunderland Till I Die:

a doco on the tiges would be interesting lol

I’d rather leave the amateur way our club went about its business from 2000 to 2017 in the past. Imagine if some of the crazy stories of idiotic in-fighting amongst the board came out. Would only serve to further embarass us.

@BalmainJnr said in Sunderland Till I Die:

Another fan base given glimmers of hope but perpetually heart broken.

Even the best hearts are sometimes broken …

Great series. I’m not much of a soccer fan, but I’m fascinated by promotion and relegation. If you include a combined Wests and Balmain perspective to it then yeah it does have similarities. Your heart breaks for Sunderland fans.

A similar show that featured the 2005 victory as the end point would be awesome.

@OzLuke said in Sunderland Till I Die:

Yes they did . In the 2010s they started to move towards the top of the table in premier league , and either made Europe or came very close . Then they went and bought players that put themselves in a huge hole financially , bought players like Jack Rodwell, who basically ruined the club and the rest is history .

last edited by Strongee

@Strongee said in Sunderland Till I Die:

@OzLuke said in Sunderland Till I Die:

Yes they did . In the 2010s they started to move towards the top of the table in premier league , and either made Europe or came very close . Then they went and bought players that put themselves in a huge hole financially , bought players like Jack Rodwell, who basically ruined the club and the rest is history .

last time they played in europe was 72…

they had a great team a few years ago with niall quinn and kevin phillips…but except for top half finishes they’ve been pretty underwhelming

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme