Pascoe Held to Account

Pascoe has overseen some shocking over priced contracts which has kept us in a bad salary cap state.

He’s over seen the purchases of Reynolds, MBye, Packer, Dohehi and Joey Leulia for ridiculous prices.

Dohehi and Leulia have not lived up to the money they have been paid and it’s cost us this year.

Reynolds is a 500k player at best, MBye 450k, Packer the same. Dohehi was a bench player at Souths not a marquee player he’s worth maybe 300-400k.

When I heard about our interest in Joey the red lights and alarms went off, my first thoughts, he’s a d**khead, bad defender and a liability then we sign him on that amount of money he isn’t a rep player.

Madge can and should take blame for Joey and Dohehi but Pascoe has not had to answer for the recruitment decision he has been a part of as the CEO.

Maybe it’s time a new CEO is looked at ?

@Big-Tooled-Tiger said in Pascoe Held to Account:

Pascoe has overseen some shocking over priced contracts which has kept us in a bad salary cap state.

He’s over seen the purchases of Reynolds, MBye, Packer, Dohehi and Joey Leulia for ridiculous prices.

Dohehi and Leulia have not lived up to the money they have been paid and it’s cost us this year.

Reynolds is a 500k player at best, MBye 450k, Packer the same. Dohehi was a bench player at Souths not a marquee player he’s worth maybe 300-400k.

When I heard about our interest in Joey the red lights and alarms went off, my first thoughts, he’s a d**khead, bad defender and a liability then we sign him on that amount of money he isn’t a rep player.

Madge can and should take blame for Joey and Dohehi but Pascoe has not had to answer for the recruitment decision he has been a part of as the CEO.

How much can Pascoe be held accountable for it all falls at the Coacges feet how many times do hear it not the teamthat I wanted I inherited it I will be working to change our roster the coach normally gets what the coach wants

You raise some valid points but be prepared for the famous COE and Wests in the black defense. While also valid, the team is still not playing finals.

Round and round and round we go…

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Pascoe Held to Account:

inherited

The CEO is involved and works out the deal, he signs off on it it’s not just Madge and Cleary who negotiates the price. The CEO like all CEOs make decisions that would be best for the club/company they are running, Pascoe has failed here

Take blame for Doueihi? What’s he done wrong? Been one of our most consistent this year.

Totally disagree with everything you said, absolutely everything.

You are only guessing like we all would who is responsible - it is all now in the past.

We have discussed this over and over again, and you are bringing up the same thing again.

Maybe you could start a thread that is a positive spin on the club.

You are delusional then, I’ll be positive when we stop shooting ourselves in the foot

@Russell said in Pascoe Held to Account:

You are only guessing like we all would who is responsible - it is all now in the past.

We have discussed this over and over again, and you are bringing up the same thing again.

How am I guessing he’s the CEO the buck stops with him

@Russell said in Pascoe Held to Account:

Yes it is in the past but remember the club lives in the past ! Pascoe should of been punted after a Farahgate … has the club been a success under Pascoe ? Other than the new COE which I might add most of which is being paid for by others I see no real success at all since Pascoe has been the CEO . The club has not progressed into a final series … the playing roster leaves much to be desired and no indication that this will be fixed post haste , there is no real or immediate decisions to finally have one home ground .
So I would say I have no positive vibe for Pascoe or the club moving forward as I have alluded to our club lives in the past sad but true !

@Roar_Power said in Pascoe Held to Account:

Take blame for Doueihi? What’s he done wrong? Been one of our most consistent this year.

Is he playing at a level a 650k player should be performing at ? No

Just a bit early to be holding everyone to account, especially on this signing.

Reynolds, Mbye, Packer I agree with - way overs!

Just a bit early to be holding everyone to account, especially on this signing.

Reynolds, Mbye, Packer I agree with - way overs!

Nope we’ve paid overs on Dohehi by 200k at least at least with the Titans you know what you’ll get from Fifita even though he’s been paid 200k more as well

last edited by Wimpy's Well

It’s highly likely that full autonomy over the playing roster was written into the contracts of both Chin Senior & Madge. Nothing coaches hate more than roster interference from management and/or the board. It’s micro-managing at it’s worst and promotes bias from unqualified individuals.

Yes the CEO’s signature of approval is required as a final sign-off but in the end it’s a mere formality. Doubt Pascoe had any constructive input or final say on who the coaches brought over.

$650k? Reported numbers were less than that - Souths are paying part of his contract too.

You gotta realise we have no choice but to pay overs for young guys with potential or established players. Overpaying ridiculous amounts for Packer, Mbye, Reynolds was ridiculous, but $600k a season with Souths throwing some in for Doueihi isn’t that bad, certainly not on the level of the other three mentioned

last edited by JoshColeman99

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme