JAC

Storm say they’ve suggested a couple of guys on our roster suitable to replace JAC but have been fobbed off by Pascoe et al. The longer this takes to sort out the lower our chance of signing this guy. I’ve seen Talau’s name mentioned a few times as a possible “trade”. Momo’s another one that might fit if he wants to stay down there. You’d figure Nofo would be high on their list of desirable JAC replacements but we’d be nuts to go anywhere near that, even if Nofo was interested in making the move. Whomever it is, they have to want to go; we can’t make them.

hope you are right Willow i dont want to miss out on JAC

@Curaeus said in JAC:

Storm say they’ve suggested a couple of guys on our roster suitable to replace JAC but have been fobbed off by Pascoe et al. The longer this takes to sort out the lower our chance of signing this guy. I’ve seen Talau’s name mentioned a few times as a possible “trade”. Momo’s another one that might fit if he wants to stay down there. You’d figure Nofo would be high on their list of desirable JAC replacements but we’d be nuts to go anywhere near that, even if Nofo was interested in making the move. Whomever it is, they have to want to go; we can’t make them.

Compensation doesn’t have to come from us. When we let Matterson go to Parra, we got Lucy from the Dragons.

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

@Curaeus said in JAC:

Compensation doesn’t have to come from us. When we let Matterson go to Parra, we got Lucy from the Dragons.

That’s true but seems to me our chance of signing this guy diminish the longer we wait for them to find someone they like from another NRL club or overseas

@Curaeus said in JAC:

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

@Curaeus said in JAC:

That’s true but seems to me our chance of signing this guy diminish the longer we wait for them to find someone they like from another NRL club or overseas

There’s nothing to suggest that’s the case.

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

@Curaeus said in JAC:

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

@Curaeus said in JAC:

Hope we sign him and soon. Just hope we’re not being “played” here!

@Curaeus said in JAC:

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

@Curaeus said in JAC:

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

@Curaeus said in JAC:

Hope we sign him and soon. Just hope we’re not being “played” here!

I don’t think we’re being played but I agree the longer it goes the more chance there is of another team going for him. That’s the case with all potential signings.

Think everyone is just going to have to be patient. It’s not something that’s going to be announced tomorrow or even next week. I don’t expect any sort of announcement till the season is over. Just like Bunny Lebowski’s kidnapping. there’s a lot of in and a lots of outs to this situation

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

Think everyone is just going to have to be patient. It’s not something that’s going to be announced tomorrow or even next week. I don’t expect any sort of announcement till the season is over. Just like Bunny Lebowski’s kidnapping. there’s a lot of in and a lots of outs to this situation

Definitely. This will be a slow process.

@willow said in JAC:

@Jedi_Tiger said in JAC:

oh well if we had given melbourne talau earlier we may have had JAC oh well
lets go for Staines i guess

Relax, we’re well in the hunt for JAC. I have to laugh at the conclusions some people draw on here.

I’ll sleep better now

@GNR4LIFE said in JAC:

Yeah well that’s just like, your opinion, man.

@avocadoontoast said in JAC:

@cochise said in JAC:

@avocadoontoast said in JAC:

If we bottle this now by refusing to give them Talau we don’t deserve to be successful. The guy is a SOO and test player.

Why can’t we have both?

From the reports (which may well be wrong) Melbourne want a replacement and Talau is the player they’ve asked for. We’ve said no so they’re digging their heels in.The longer it drags on, the more clubs (like Souths) can enter the frame. I think we should have taken the deal, we are fairly well covered in the backs and could use Talau’s funds elsewhere.

Still the problem is - maybe Talau does not want to go to Melbourne. (can’t blame him for that).

Storm are in power because he is signed next year on reasonable money.

Although are they letting him leave on compassionate/family grounds or not? Not a good look they either are fully in or not.

Talau was a Melbourne Storm fan growing up and his favourite player was Billy Slater growing up… bit of incentive maybe.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme