Interesting Reading.

I was reading the NRL website earlier and noted the following in the team stats:

• 5th highest scoring team (314 points);
  • 5th highest in scoring tries (55 tries);
  • Equal 7th (3 clubs) highest in goals (42 goals);
  • Equal 1st (5 clubs) in field goals kicked (2 field goals);
  • Equal 5th (6 clubs) in possession (50%);
  • Equal 4th (2 clubs) in set completions (80%);
  • 5th in line engagements (257);
  • 7th in line breaks (54);
  • 1st in tackle breaks (482);
  • 1st in decoy runs (701 - insert Russell Packer joke here);
  • 6th in kick return metres (2,804);
  • 2nd in DH runs (229);
  • Equal 4th (2 clubs) in try assists;
  • 7th in line break assists (38);
  • 15th in errors (140);
  • 14th in ineffective tackles (177);
  • 10th in conceded penalties (73);
  • 15th in handling errors (122)

These are stats where we are at least better than half in the competition in. It makes for interesting reading that we are still outside the 8 and likely to miss again this year. Statistically speaking, that’s good reading. A bit of a shame that hasn’t translated into the results that matter (W’s.)

I think Dean Pay would be good for our defense that seems all that is keeping us from moving up the ladder *as an assistent

last edited by Tigerstar

Good stats overall but shows the last 4 count om what position you are on the table. We also should include dud calls we might be number 1 there. lol

@Tigerbuck63 said in Interesting Reading.:

Good stats overall but shows the last 4 count om what position you are on the table. We also should include dud calls we might be number 1 there. lol

The last four stats are impressive. The closer you are to the bottom, the better. 15th means 2nd least, which makes our position all the more baffling.

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

I guess that implies that our falling asleep at the wheel stats are not that impressive

Those errors have really hurt us. Hopefully we clean up that part of our game starting today!

Too bad we are still ranked 9th in number of wins

Unfortunately the stat for scoring more points than the opposition and conversely having the opposition score more than us has had a negative effect on our ladder position

Which is the most interesting reading

Classic example of why stats really don’t mean much. But we invest so much in knowing them.

15th IN handling errors means - that we are making less than every other team bar1 other.

Stupid question I’m sure.
15th for errors. Does that mean we are second best or second worst.

@Telltails said in Interesting Reading.:

15th IN handling errors means - that we are making less than every other team bar1 other.

Ah, cheers.

@Geo said in Interesting Reading.:

Unfortunately the stat for scoring more points than the opposition and conversely having the opposition score more than us has had a negative effect on our ladder position

You should do stand up …

@gallagher said in Interesting Reading.:

Stupid question I’m sure.
15th for errors. Does that mean we are second best or second worst.

The last four stats the closer to 16th you are the better.

@Geo said in Interesting Reading.:

Which I duly pointed out. Stats suggest we do things better than most. That’s not translating to wins. Why?

Would appreciate a discussion instead of attempted comedy.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme