Reflecting on my time on the forum

I joined the forum at the start of 2011. From 2012 onwards we’ve missed the finals every year. Being on this forum without us playing finals is all I know. It’s all the majority of us know since a lot of regulars have joined after me and have been on here for years and years. I really don’t know what it’s like to discuss a successful team. My time has been made up of crisis after crisis. From Farah vs JT to Cleary to losing Tedesco. . It’s sad. I feel sorry for all of us cos we devote so much time and emotion to this place, and they suck it out of you till you become irreverent to everything. Which on the surface seems great cos you don’t have to feel the lows like tonight. But it sucks, cos you want to bleed with your team, it shouldn’t get you to a point where you don’t even care when we lose. But it does.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

@GNR4LIFE said in Reflecting on my time on the forum:

I joined the forum at the start of 2011. From 2012 onwards we’ve missed the finals every year. Being on this forum without us playing finals is all I know. It’s all the majority of us know since a lot of regulars have joined after me and have been on here for years and years. I really don’t know what it’s like to discuss a successful team. My time has been made up of crisis after crisis. From Farah vs JT to Cleary to losing Tedesco. . It’s sad. I feel sorry for all of us cos we devote so much time and emotion to this place, and they suck it out of you till you become irreverent to everything. Which on the surface seems great cos you don’t have to feel the lows like tonight. But it sucks, cos you want to bleed with your team, it shouldn’t get you to a point where you don’t even care when we lose.

Agree completely. Being a Tigers supporter is a thankless and unrewarding pastime unfortunately.

We’ve been seriously short changed by this Club. If it wasn’t so pathetic it’d be laughable

Being resilient is a good thing - and after all the club and the fans have been through, at some point things will pay off and when they do it will be glorious.

we will rise again and it will be all the sweeter when we do

question is will it be a splash and dash like 2010/11 or will we be a consistently stronger team.

The latter is what gets me excited about madge over some other coaches.
Only time will tell

@Telltails said in Reflecting on my time on the forum:

Being resilient is a good thing - and after all the club and the fans have been through, at some point things will pay off and when they do it will be glorious.

The pay off will have to be bloody huge to come anywhere close to appropriately rewarding this resilience.

we would need to win the comp and fo back to back to make up for a decade of disappointment

Two decades of watching the magpies and two decades of watching the tigers. It’s not getting any better

We just need to rebuild…oh wait.

Spot on. When you look from the outside you have to question everything about the club. 3 finals on 20 years. Resign Sheens because Penrith show interest only to sack him 12 months later. Replace him with a rookie NRL coach in Potter, get rid of him because of player ego’s. Replace him with JT who wasn’t wanted by South a struggling club at the time, enough said. Get Cleary and panic buy big contracts because they realized they stuffed up with the supposedly big 4. Get Maguire to do another rebuild since Sheens. I well run club like the Roosters would not have anicked by resigning Sheens. They would of got the right coach to continue what Sheens built. So now with the squad we have 2022 is when we may be a chance of making the semis if Maguire can get some decent players.

@bigsiro said in Reflecting on my time on the forum:

@Telltails said in Reflecting on my time on the forum:

The pay off will have to be bloody huge to come anywhere close to appropriately rewarding this resilience.

If we weren’t in it for long haul we’d all be gone by now. Some things you just can’t shake no matter how dirty you get. I know I’m a rusted on to the bitter end so it’s the good with unfortunately a whole lot of bad.

Sad that for nearly 10 years we can’t even manage coming 8th out of 16 teams. We have the same cap as the other teams and once the coe is built facility wise we will have no excuses left to use.

There are children who weren’t even born the last time we played finals about to enter high school…ad those who started school about to complete the HSC…

last edited by Geo

A lifetime of mediocrity for me. I started supporting Balmain because I felt sorry for them after the 89 GF.

Its all about perspective. I’ve been a Tigers supporter (in both it’s iterations) for 57 years! There have been moments of glory, but by and large, mostly disappointment.
But then I look around and see what really matters - family, friends, this amazing planet on which we live and I realise, that a game of footy isn’t that big of a deal. Perspective, guys - its footy. Its not really that important.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme