Sports Radio

For those who were gutted when Macquarie Sports Radio got cancelled, it looks like 1170AM is being turned into a Sports Radio Station from October…with Rugby League the primary focus. Joel Caine, Jimmy Smith, Andrew Voss and Bryan Fletcher all confirmed as presenters… Handy for a long commute to work. Although I must admit I’ve tuned into some NRL podcasts of late which have helped to fill the void.

sounds good man.
As long as Anasta isn’t invited…

@nrlsurvivor said in Sports Radio:

For those who were gutted when Macquarie Sports Radio got cancelled, it looks like 1170AM is being turned into a Sports Radio Station from October…with Rugby League the primary focus. Joel Caine, Jimmy Smith, Andrew Voss and Bryan Fletcher all confirmed as presenters… Handy for a long commute to work. Although I must admit I’ve tuned into some NRL podcasts of late which have helped to fill the void.

Post a reminder bump when they kick off champ… I’m.always flickin between station to and from work

The BSB has become a lot better since Slats and TK left. I’m not a massive fan of Clarke but even after ripping on Daley I think he comes across as a pretty easy going and likeable fella.

Not a bad line up, even if I’m not a big fan of Smith the others are good.

@innsaneink said in Sports Radio:

Post a reminder bump when they kick off champ… I’m.always flickin between station to and from work

Will do

Hi all - SEN, the new sports radio station kicked off today on 1170 AM. Tomorrow’s (Friday morning) line up will feature the Johns brothers from 9am to 12pm. Before that Andrew Voss will host the breakfast show.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Sports Radio:

The BSB has become a lot better since Slats and TK left. I’m not a massive fan of Clarke but even after ripping on Daley I think he comes across as a pretty easy going and likeable fella.

I think the opposite, I thought the show has gone downhill since they left

I think BSB is terrible now without TK and to lesser extent slats. They should have kept Dave Stanley and flicked gerard Middleton from tab. Daley is hard to listen to also

Hi all - SEN, the new sports radio station kicked off today on 1170 AM. Tomorrow’s (Friday morning) line up will feature the Johns brothers from 9am to 12pm. Before that Andrew Voss will host the breakfast show.

Tuned in the evening, think Jimmy Smith was on. Much better than that dribble that’s on 2SM.

Problem with 2sm is Robbo is a bit annoying, Tunks is just dumb like Papworth and Graham Hughes they are ok

@clokan said in Sports Radio:

I think the opposite, I thought the show has gone downhill since they left

Really? TK annoyed the bejesus out of me and still managed to talk way too much racing on a network that has 21 other hours in the day outside the BSB to talk about that. Slater struck me as a creep.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Sports Radio:

Problem with 2sm is Robbo is a bit annoying, Tunks is just dumb like Papworth and Graham Hughes they are ok

Really Jedi? You find Robbo annoying do you Jedi? I mean come on Jedi, you gotta be more positive and get on with it Jedi…

Agree, the guy is a total space cadet. Papworth is a typical dinosaur toff and Tunks is a meat head. I’d say it’s his job to be the comic relief but you have to actually be funny.

I can handle Heaps but for a guy who runs a sports show he says “nah, I didn’t get around to watching that game,” far too much. The show is 95% Rugby League during the winter and 95% cricket during the summer. Surely you have to be across the sports you’re covering.

People still listen to radio?

@Jedi_Tiger said in Sports Radio:

Really Jedi? You find Robbo annoying do you Jedi? I mean come on Jedi, you gotta be more positive and get on with it Jedi…

Agree, the guy is a total space cadet. Papworth is a typical dinosaur toff and Tunks is a meat head. I’d say it’s his job to be the comic relief but you have to actually be funny.

I can handle Heaps but for a guy who runs a sports show he says “nah, I didn’t get around to watching that game,” far too much. The show is 95% Rugby League during the winter and 95% cricket during the summer. Surely you have to be across the sports you’re covering.

Graham is pretty measured really, Papworth gets tall poppy syndrome against him a bit. On Papworth hope the Woody’s do well this week, I played some rugby for them 20 years ago, so have a soft spot for them
Interesting to see how SEN go for the drive time slot and Jimmy Smith 6pm to 9pm he left Bob weekend when he was overlooked for weekday slot.

@Papacito said in Sports Radio:

People still listen to radio?

Pretty stupid question in this thread whilst trying to be patronising

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme