Adam Blair and Moses Mbye

We’ve made some horrendous signings. The signings of Reynolds,Packer,Matulino were all criticized by many on here when they were announced,because of the amount of money,length of contract and how injury prone they were in the seasons previous.
The 2 most disappointing for me have been Adam Blair and Moses Mbye, purely because of the amount of money they cost and the fact that we signed both at the peak of their careers and they (in my opinion) didn’t have a crack while they wore our jersey. Blair looked uninterested here and Mbye would have to be easily the most uninspiring Captain in the NRLs history. Benji, justifiably was roasted for his effort on Saturday, I was near the fence and I can assure you Mbye refused to put his body in front.
I do have faith in Madge but I seriously question how he appointed Mbye Captain and how the hell he even remains in the side.
Who’s your worst ever signing?

last edited by tiga4eva

I think Blair was in a league of his own.

@GNR4LIFE said in Adam Blair and Moses Mbye:

I think Blair was in a league of his own.
Woods got booed when he signed elsewhere and people were upset at how he played that out. But Blair used to get booed whenever the side was announced on the big screen before the game, it was bizarre

last edited by tiga4eva

@tiga4eva said in Adam Blair and Moses Mbye:

We’ve made some horrendous signings. The signings of Reynolds,Packer,Matulino were all criticized by many on here when they were announced,because of the amount of money,length of contract and how injury prone they were in the seasons previous.
The 2 most disappointing for me have been Adam Blair and Moses Mbye, purely because of the amount of money they cost and the fact that we signed both at the peak of their careers and they (in my opinion) didn’t have a crack while they wore our jersey. Blair looked uninterested here and Mbye would have to be easily the most uninspiring Captain in the NRLs history. Benji, justifiably was roasted for his effort on Saturday, I was near the fence and I can assure you Mbye refused to put his body in front.
I do have faith in Madge but I seriously question how he appointed Mbye Captain and how the hell he even remains in the side.
Who’s your worst ever signing?

ANASTA

Think Blair is the worst simply because of what we had to lose to get him.

Others have hurt our cap an stopped us bringing talent onboard, but Blair made us shed what we we already had.

I am in a very small minority, but I thought Blair copped a lot of unfair criticism, he never missed a game in 3 years.
Sheens just wrongly used him, he was good at Melbourne before us and Brisbane after us.
Yes we over payed, but he was far from our worst signing.

@851 said in Adam Blair and Moses Mbye:

I am in a very small minority, but I thought Blair copped a lot of unfair criticism, he never missed a game in 3 years.
Sheens just wrongly used him, he was good at Melbourne before us and Brisbane after us.
Yes we over payed, but he was far from our worst signing.

Agree. Never lived up to expectation.and Fifita who made room for him went to another level at the Sharks - which most of us predicted when we let him go.

Let’s not forget that Blair was paid the equivalent of $1.1M today (650K in a 4.4M salary cap). His pay was ENORMOUS and would get you close to a player like Tom Trbojevic today. His pay was so enormous we dismantled our forward pack to get him here.

And his performances were like Russell Packer against the Roosters, but every game. Some of his performances were simply unbelievable. At times he looked like he had never played rugby league before. Other times he was running around like a headless chook. An average Adam Blair game was 6 runs for 40m, 15tackles, 4 missed tackles, 2 penalties, 50 clueless minutes played.

He was so bad we basically gave him to the Broncos for free. Tim Sheens tried to get the media off his case by saying “he does a lot of work off the ball”. When people looked for what he was doing off the ball, it was NOTHING!

I don’t believe Mbye or Reynolds are even in his ballpark.

last edited by Kazoo Kid

@Kazoo-Kid said in Adam Blair and Moses Mbye:

Let’s not forget that Blair was paid the equivalent of $1.1M today (650K in a 4.4M salary cap). His pay was ENORMOUS and would get you close to a player like Tom Trbojevic today. His pay was so enormous we dismantled our forward pack to get him here.

And his performances were like Russell Packer against the Roosters, but every game. Some of his performances were simply unbelievable. At times he looked like he had never played rugby league before. Other times he was running around like a headless chook. An average Adam Blair game was 6 runs for 40m, 15tackles, 4 missed tackles, 2 penalties, 50 clueless minutes played.

He was so bad we basically gave him to the Broncos for free.

If Mbye went to the club and said I’m only worth 500K, give 300K to a young forward, I’d happily have him as a good #14 until his contract is up.

He was so bad we basically gave him to the Broncos for free. Tim Sheens tried to get the media off his case by saying “he does a lot of work off the ball”. When people looked for what he was doing off the ball, it was NOTHING!

Reynolds has just been injured most of the time. When he’s on the field, no one can say that he doesn’t have a go. He’s always in the game .

@GNR4LIFE said in Adam Blair and Moses Mbye:

Reynolds has just been injured most of the time. When he’s on the field, no one can say that he doesn’t have a go. He’s always in the game .

True, but he really offers nothing skills wise except “energy”, those days when you could geta way with that only are over

I would say Mbye is worse for me. Jack of All trades, master of none and when Momorovski returns I can’t see any place in the team for Mbye, for heaps of money that’s a nightmare situation signing for me. Must offload 😕

We’ve had plenty of worse signings than Mbye and we will make plenty more. He’s not a bad player just grossly overpaid. Blair was grossly overpaid and he sucked plus we let go of some quality players to get him. Lot more negatives than Mbye

@Jay said in Adam Blair and Moses Mbye:

I would say Mbye is worse for me. Jack of All trades, master of none and when Momorovski returns I can’t see any place in the team for Mbye, for heaps of money that’s a nightmare situation signing for me. Must offload 😕

I’d be surprised if Mbye or Momirovski were in the centres next year. Would think Talau would take the left centre position.

That too. Mbye may not even make the be ch next year.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme