Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture

With Wayne off contract soon, what’s everyone’s thoughts on recruiting him as our Head of Performance and Culture?

Look at how successful the titans have been at recruiting big name players with Mal at the helm.

We know player’s love Wayne…

@PabloX said in Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture:

With Wayne off contract soon, what’s everyone’s thoughts on recruiting him as our Head of Performance and Culture?

Look at how successful the titans have been at recruiting big name players with Mal at the helm.

Not a bad idea but very very unlikely he would come here

@hsvjones said in Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture:

Not a bad idea but very very unlikely he would come here

He was over the line with us only Broncos wouldn’t let him go when we wanted him deal was called off.

I don’t think he would have been as successful with us he’s not great at rebuilding only winning when the team is already there

@finnzo said in Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture:

I don’t think he would have been as successful with us he’s not great at rebuilding only winning when the team is already there

Agree, not a rebuilding coach but great at extracting the talent you have.
I wouldnt be upset if he was part of our organisation

Dreaming.
His next gig is Maroons coach.

Big no from me - NMOC.

For the inquisitive - No More Old Codgers.

Probably nostalgia talking, but I’d rather Sheens for a role like that.

I think Sheens would be great in a senior role at the club

@izotope said in Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture:

@finnzo said in Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture:

Agree, not a rebuilding coach but great at extracting the talent you have.
I wouldnt be upset if he was part of our organisation

Eh…I think it’s known that Tinkler was a madman.

I reckon if we had him as coach it would have attracted a number of high profile signings to the club.

Not knocking your theory mate but Mal has only overseen one decent signing, Fifita’s, and he is only good for one solid dig per month as it is: he will disappear off the map at Titans IMO. Bennett would be handy to have around the club as officials seem genuinely scared to give any wrong calls against Unca Wayne and get called out for it. That’d be a huge bonus.

Maguire letting someone like Wayne man manage him …people are dead set dreaming

@GNR4LIFE said in Wayne Bennett - Head of Performance and Culture:

Probably nostalgia talking, but I’d rather Sheens for a role like that.

Absolutely. He can also be attack coach.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme