One six and seven

Have to change for the remainder of the season!! Even if that means putting either Grant or Liddell in the halves.
Madge give Benji the last game of the year, hell even put rowdy in the 6 and bring Robbie out of retirement and put him at 1. We are such a train wreck of a club but I think Robbie could beat his lebonese counterpart in a foot race. And catch a bomb too.
I really don’t care that Madden hasn’t played all year, it’s got to be better than what’s been put on the table the last 4-6?weeks.Put Nofoaluma at 1 hell even Jennings would be better than black boots Talau.

If Reynolds is here next year then he should be playing at 6 for the rest of the season.

Nah he’s gotta go too … put Blore in there. At least he’ll have a crack

1 Dylan Smith
6 Doueihi
7 Brooks
9 Grant/Liddle

We can’t play Madden at 7, the players around him cannot look after him in defence. They cannot do their own jobs

blood Madden. put Reynolds next to him for a bit of confidence and see how he goes. we’ve got nothing to lose.

I was one of the few lucky (??) WT members to go to the game last night - there may have been 50 of us there, so kudos to my fellow diehards.

On the long-ish walk back to my car, I realised a few things; their 1, 6 and 7 are more creative, effective, instinctive and confident than ours. The saddest reality is that without some Benji brilliance (and we all know that can’t be relied upon each week), we had no creativity in attack. Brooks and Doueihi just could not provide anything at all to threaten the Panthers’ defence - although I truly believe Doueihi is a 6.

What’s the answer …? No idea apart from culling and recruitment. Harsh, but true.

@Tiger-Tragic said in One six and seven:

The saddest reality is that without some Benji brilliance (and we all know that can’t be relied upon each week), we had no creativity in attack.

YEP

And thats what people seem to forget in the emotion of a loss…as much as its a kick in the balls, without Benji, we have no one that even attempts to create opportunities…zip.

Thats scary when you think about it, the fact that next year we as a “professionally” run sports organisation do not have a single first grade playmaker at the club.

Our 1,6 and 7 would only be back up players at most clubs.

Get a halves coach and better middle forwards.

No point shifting deck chairs. There is a reason why all 4 halves we’ve tried have looked terrible.

We now have to look forward and play who McGuire thinks is going to be in that position next season. If Benji doesn’t come out this week and say he’s retiring I’ll eat my sweaty old hat.
I’d probably go
1 Mbye
6 Doueie
7 Madden
9 Liddle
Probably wouldn’t have Moses at 1 but no real other option and he is our c

@weststigerman said in One six and seven:

No point shifting deck chairs. There is a reason why all 4 halves we’ve tried have looked terrible.

Yes, I see the need for a season-hardened forward or two, to lead the way with our young pack. A Josh Maguire-type who has a bit of mongrel about him but is consistent and reliable. It’s not Packer, that’s for sure. So, while our spine is in need of a re-furb, so are the forwards.

What does it matter, the season is over. You think a couple of games chopping and changing is going to make a difference about what happens in March next year?

Yes, I see the need for a season-hardened forward or two, to lead the way with our young pack. A Josh Maguire-type who has a bit of mongrel about him but is consistent and reliable. It’s not Packer, that’s for sure. So, while our spine is in need of a re-furb, so are the forwards.

We need to find at least a half, fullback, prop and a couple of outside backs.

@GNR4LIFE said in One six and seven:

What does it matter, the season is over. You think a couple of games chopping and changing is going to make a difference about what happens in March next year?

Possibly. At least if we can’t attract a suitable replacement for Marshall, Madden doesn’t have to endure a long drawn out build up of stress. Let him in with no pressure on the result to gain some experience and traction with his probable halves partner

@cochise said in One six and seven:

We need to find at least a half, fullback, prop and a couple of outside backs.

100%. James Tamou is hardly a game-breaker but they love him out there because he has consistency of impact through the work of their halves. Same for Dylan Edwards, he plays with confidence beyond his skill-level, I think, due to the depth of talent in the halves and pack.

And, let’s not forget they beat us last night without Kikau and Api K. Yikes.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme