Tommy Talau

Biggest myth of a rookie ive seen in some time. Who has wraps on this guy? Won’t make it as a center or winger.

Very poor defender, good for 2 knock ons and 5 missed tackles (usually leading to tries) per game.

The guy is incredibly slow, we don’t need more of this. 16 runs for 77 meters is pathetic.

Happy to give Asu Kepoa another crack. Even Jennings wasn’t this bad!

Can anyone actually see genuine upside? You can’t coach him to be faster which is a big problem in and of itself.

Up until last night he’s been fine. Pretty fickle and lacking in general RL knowledge to discard him after one bad game.

@GNR4LIFE said in Tommy Talau:

Up until last night he’s been fine. Pretty fickle and lacking in general RL knowledge to discard him after one bad game.

How has he been fine? His defensive reads have always been a problem. He is non existent in attack and his only tries have come in the shape of falling over the line. Some of you supporters have lost the plot.

Talau will be a fine and this has been a difficult learning experience for him. He’s no winger and it gets lonely out there on the wing especially when he doesn’t get a lot of support from his captain. Put JAC next to him who will talk in attack and defence then you will see him grow.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

@theraptor456 said in Tommy Talau:

How has he been fine? His defensive reads have always been a problem. He is non existent in attack and his only tries have come in the shape of falling over the line. Some of you supporters have lost the plot.

Not putting a line through a 20 year old after one bad game is losing the plot? I’m guessing this is your first year watching the game.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Tommy Talau:

Talau will be a fine and this has been a difficult learning experience for him. He’s no winger and it gets lonely out there on the wing especially when he doesn’t get a lit of support from his captain. Put JAC next to him who will talk in attack and defence then you will see him grow.

What qualities does he possess that lead you to believe he’d make a great center? In the modern game outside backs need some speed or footwork at the very least.

He is not a winger but he could be a center or even more likely a 5/8 where he played his junior football.He has far more upside than Jennings and is still a rookie

Not putting a line through a 20 year old after one bad game is losing the plot? I’m guessing this is your first year watching the game.

We’ve been gambling on duds for the past decade. I’ve seen enough to suggest he doesn’t have it. Again, if someone could highlight the potential ups he has, I’d be all ears, but there simply aren’t any. Being young and has okay size aren’t going to get you far alone in the outside backs of the NRL. The fact he is young and this slow already is very worrying.

@jadtiger said in Tommy Talau:

He is not a winger but he could be a center or even more likely a 5/8 where he played his junior football.He has far more upside than Jennings and is still a rookie

Do you remember the game he played at center? Looked just as bad if not worse than usual.

Do you remember the game he played at center? Looked just as bad if not worse than usual.

So as far as you are concerned if you are not an instant success you are a failure?Give him time

So as far as you are concerned if you are not an instant success you are a failure?Give him time

If he showed any glimmer of hope that he could make it in his first 11 or so games then Id be all for giving him time. But he has shown nothing. Nothing in attack, nothing in defence and continually let the team down. Why persist?

We’ve been gambling on duds for the past decade. I’ve seen enough to suggest he doesn’t have it. Again, if someone could highlight the potential ups he has, I’d be all ears, but there simply aren’t any. Being young and has okay size aren’t going to get you far alone in the outside backs of the NRL. The fact he is young and this slow already is very worrying.

You’ve seen enough? The minority opinion doesn’t matter.

It’s a bit hard for a rookie winger to stand out in a team that’s sucking big time as a whole

You’ve seen enough? The minority opinion doesn’t matter.

We’ve all seen how far the opinions that ‘matter’ have gotten us. Pascoe and Cleary hiring 3 of our worst players (2 that don’t make the team and 1 captain that shouldn’t be in the team) as the highest 3 paid players in the side. The whole club is laughable the way it is run from the top down. Big change is needed. Obviously.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme