Ellery Hanley at the Tigers in 1988

Just something different to take minds off the current stuff going on.

last edited by Geo

Went to every game except the GF.

my first game was 1988 i was 10 at Leichardt oval against penrith where they shut the gates, 1989 i became a season ticket holder and had seat in latchem Robertson stand

Brings back so many memories saw all of the games at the time.We would have won the gf if Ellery was not high shotted by that mongrel Lamb.Naturally the 3 blind mice saw nothing and did nothing.Stone was his usual disgraceful self he would easily fit in amongst the imposters now.

Ellery is still the best pom to ever play in Australia. Played for magpies and balmain, if he had played for balmain in 89 we may have won gf although Andy Courier was good goal kicker he had suspect defence
Remeber when Ellery came back to balmain in 96 i think he played ok for some games

What a player, made the difference for the Tigers that year given he added that X factor to the backline supported by a great pack of forwards.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Ellery Hanley at the Tigers in 1988:

Ellery is still the best pom to ever play in Australia. Played for magpies and balmain, if he had played for balmain in 89 we may have won gf although Andy Courier was good goal kicker he had suspect defence
Remeber when Ellery came back to balmain in 96 i think he played ok for some games

He did when he came back he was well past his best but added to the teams performance

And, his physical attributes were exceptional …from all reports.

@Jedi_Tiger said in Ellery Hanley at the Tigers in 1988:

Idk how you can say that when he only played 20 games in Australia in his prime. The sample size is way too small

Have hated terry lamb from THAT moment in 88

@Tiger_Steve said in Ellery Hanley at the Tigers in 1988:

Have to admit, watching that video, the Lamb hit on Hanley was nowhere near as bad as I remembered. I remembered it was a full on cocked elbow, but it really wasnt. Still high, swinging arm, but my memory has been making it worse every year.

@Tiger5150 said in Ellery Hanley at the Tigers in 1988:

@Tiger_Steve said in Ellery Hanley at the Tigers in 1988:

Have to admit, watching that video, the Lamb hit on Hanley was nowhere near as bad as I remembered. I remembered it was a full on cocked elbow, but it really wasnt. Still high, swinging arm, but my memory has been making it worse every year.

I haven’t watched it since 88. Still hate him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme