Andrew Abdo

Announced the new CEO of the NRL. If you want to watch the press conference ill link it here. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to him and V’landys talk.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/03/media-conference---peter-vlandys-and-andrew-abdo/

Impressive and humble. Exceptional qualities.

Haven’t heard or seen much of him myself until today. Got to say i was impressed.
A little concerning he hasnt grown up with the game and the mention of mergers was a worry for us Tigers fans but he seems a straight shooter, heart on his sleeve type.

Just hope he plays a straight bat and doesn’t get funky with innovations but i think he’ll do the right thing financially and stop blowing cash.

One thing i haven’t determined yet is how he reacts to political correctness. This was Greenburgs blight on Rugby League. Changed the game as we know it.

Best of luck to him, tough gig. Hopefully Vlandy’s sticks around to guide him.

Does he hate us? Can we blame him yet?

@Toowoomba_Tiger said in Andrew Abdo:

Haven’t heard or seen much of him myself until today. Got to say i was impressed.
A little concerning he hasnt grown up with the game and the mention of mergers was a worry for us Tigers fans but he seems a straight shooter, heart on his sleeve type.

Just hope he plays a straight bat and doesn’t get funky with innovations but i think he’ll do the right thing financially and stop blowing cash.

One thing i haven’t determined yet is how he reacts to political correctness. This was Greenburgs blight on Rugby League. Changed the game as we know it.

Best of luck to him, tough gig. Hopefully Vlandy’s sticks around to guide him.

The best CEO for the NRL since 1998 was Dave Smith, a banker and a non-league person. His only real error was calling Ben Barba “Benji Barba” at the 2013 season launch. People crucified him for it and he was never able to live it down. Greenburg was a Greenturd due to his biases and nepotism. I haven’t looked into Andrew Abdo yet. I hope he doesn’t have too many existing influences in the league community.

@gallagher said in Andrew Abdo:

Turdberg hmmmm

Andrew NoAbsDoh ?

@TheDaBoss said in Andrew Abdo:

Turdberg hmmmm

Andrew NoAbsDoh ?

LoL… Only after he stuffs up. Until then, The Ab-Doer.

He will come in and make the hard decisions on mergers and alike
Upset alot of fans but will do what needs to be done (apparently)
Then he will leave
Job done

If the league is struggling with its finances then reduce the cap teams can spend

Cut it back
27 players per team
$7,350,000 cap
Top 13 players cap $4,550,000 av $350,000 per player
Next 4 players cap $1,000,000 av $250,000 per player
Next 10 players cap $1,800,000 av $180,000 per player

If done properly and policed then the league could finally have an even comp

Allow a maximum of $2,000,000 third party payments
Break the rules and hefty fines apply
Stripped points and premierships

I want a league where every team has a chance of winning the comp
It is in everyone’s interest for this to happen
Except Money bags

Gee give him at least a day officially in the chair😂😂😂😂😂😂

Isn’t he a souths man???

Both Abdo and Peter V are all about the bottom line. Everything is about revenue streams and how they achieve these streams really doesn’t matter.

They need a strong Brisbane team for tv ratings and even better still three strong QLD teams, so I expect they will be doing everything they can to help the QLD cause.

After all the blow outs this year, the push for mergers and relocations will be a major goal for HQ. Would love to think the NRL would be hell bent on trying to achieve a level playing field for all teams, but that will never happen.

Anyway unfair to bag the guy yet as he has really only been in the seat for a few months and let’s face it anyone could do a better job the Toddy

@OzLuke said in Andrew Abdo:

Isn’t he a souths man???

I dont think so. Heard an interview with him, I dont think he has even been in the country long enough to really have a true allegiance to a club. Kids play league (no doubt from RU background), lives North Shore from memory.

@OzLuke said in Andrew Abdo:

Isn’t he a souths man???

Manly.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme