Todd Payten

He is a good coach, the players respond to him, look at what he has got the Warriors doing now, he had success at U/20 level at the WestsTigers as well

We already have a premiership winning coach in both NRL and UK. Problem is the roster.

@Tore85 said in Todd Payten:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/04/todd-gets-the-nod-cowboys-name-payten-as-new-coach/Amp/

Will be gutted if Todd turns out to be a gun coach and we let him go.

Gun coach can’t win a premiership without gun players …and coaching at your old playing club rarely works

Whiteanter - wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot metal pole.

If it was wood…munch…munch!!!

@Tore85 said in Todd Payten:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/04/todd-gets-the-nod-cowboys-name-payten-as-new-coach/Amp/

Will be gutted if Todd turns out to be a gun coach and we let him go.

Hope it works out for him but I think a full-time head coaching role will be too much, too soon. He’s now going to be fully accountable and have more politics to play.

He always seemed keen to get to the top as quickly as possible based on people’s comments. So NQ are going to need to give him a few years to work out the inevitable mistakes a rookie coach is going to make.

Good coach, but seems like a slime ball who would throw his grandmother under the bus to get ahead. Just look at the way he approached our club when there was a rumour about Madge going to the Cowboys. A rumour supposedly started by a player agent. I wonder who the player manager’s client was.

@weststigerman said in Todd Payten:

We already have a premiership winning coach in both NRL and UK. Problem is the roster.

Warriors are playing with a bunch of loan players but he’s taken them past us pretty quick smart…

He’s getting the best out of his roster, you couldn’t say the same for Madge.

@avocadoontoast said in Todd Payten:

Warriors are playing with a bunch of loan players but he’s taken them past us pretty quick smart…

Doesn’t matter, they’re not playing finals either. Some of their loan players are better than our highest paid players.

Doesn’t matter, they’re not playing finals either. Some of their loan players are better than our highest paid players.

It doesn’t matter that he’s able to get the most out of his roster but out coach can’t? (at least not yet).

I would say that’s very important.

I think he’ll probably come back one day. post Pascoe you’d think. not forgetting his past by any stretch, but if he proves his worth at NQ then he might be Madge’s successor after he wins us a comp in 2024 and sets us up for the next decade.

I wish he was part of the Tigers. All the best. I am sure Cowboys will make the finals next year.

If he wasn’t morally deficient he could have coached here. He completely blew that chance

Can’t stand the bloke but he could always coach.

He has the capacity to get the best out of players. I like the style of football his teams play. He is articulate and has always been a great football strategist.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

Totally agree, we are not a great side, but we are not performing to our ability either, it is embarrassing that the Warriors are ahead of us on the table. They have lived away from home for months, had players leave and go home, borrowed other teams cast off’s to field a side, they beat us, if we played with their passion we would be in the 8, and that is a coach issue

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme