Madge's Presser

What’s everyone’s thoughts on what Madge said at todays press conference?
There’s a bit in there, but I loved his passion for the club.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/09/04/coaching-insider-round-17/

Agree, was great to hear.

@frullens said in Madge's Presser:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on what Madge said at todays press conference?
There’s a bit in there, but I loved his passion for the club.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/09/04/coaching-insider-round-17/

I like the way he addressed the question about training hard. I’m paraphrasing but… ‘yeah we train hard, you you put the work in, you get the results‘. Hopefully this light bulb goes off within the playing group in the very near future.

last edited by BalmainJnr

i thought it was excellent presser, i love what he is trying to do !!

Coaching Insider: Round 17
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Fri 4 Sep 2020, 01:04 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire says his side won’t drop off their intensity over the final weeks of the regular season — emphasising his belief in the capabilities of the team.

Heading in to a must-win game against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles this Saturday, Maguire said his side were still bullish about their chances to compete in 2020 as the standards for success remain the same.

“We want to win,” Maguire enthused to reporters after the side’s final training run on Friday.

"It’s about making sure that I put out the best team possible, each week, to help Wests Tigers.

“The Wests Tigers jersey is something that we want to get to the highs of what our game is all about and the respect that it has. We’ve got a great history with Wests and Balmain, and we want to make sure that everyone knows we’re proud of playing for the Wests Tigers.”

“There’s a lot of positive of things that have come out of this season,” he added.

"I’ve had individuals produce some of the best footy they’ve played, but it’s the consistency as an organisation that we need to be better.

“It was five or six weeks ago that everyone was talking about our resilience and how we were turning in to a team that everyone was waiting for, but you can only do that by how you perform. The consistent team is what I’m after — change comes because we’re not showing that consistency each week.”

@BalmainJnr said in Madge's Presser:

I like the way he addressed the question about training hard. I’m paraphrasing but… ‘yeah we train hard, you you put the work in, you get the results‘. Hopefully this light bulb goes off within the playing group in the very near future.

Yeah I liked how he owned that.

Also like how he responded to the eggshell issue. I don’t know how players could say they don’t know where they stand, when Madge says the same thing every week. Work hard and be consistant.

@BalmainJnr said in Madge's Presser:

Yeah I liked how he owned that.

Also like how he responded to the eggshell issue. I don’t know how players could say they don’t know where they stand, when Madge says the same thing every week. Work hard and be consistant.

Yeah not to mention the group meetings and one on one discussions about the expected standards.

You have to agree with everything Madge said he’s given the players chances on some occasions they’ve accepted the challenges but unfortunately on many they have fallen short he’s identified what needs to happen ,CHANGE looks like the buzz word at the moment and rightly so because simply if you keep doing the same thing and expect different results it will just not happen

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Madge's Presser:

You have to agree with everything Madge said he’s given the players chances on some occasions they’ve accepted the challenges but unfortunately on many they have fallen short he’s identified what needs to happen ,CHANGE looks like the buzz word at the moment and rightly so because simply if you keep doing the same thing and expect different results it will just not happen

He also said he’s identified which players have bought into where the clubs heading and they will be the ones that take the club forward.

I like how he speaks and agree with everything he said.

…However I do remember when JT was here he said a lot of the same things about defence. The key is whether he can fix it.

Yeah but JT didn’t look like he owned it. Madge bossed that one. He’s a man on a mission for sure.

Lost to like about that & I bet he can’t wait for the COE so he’s not competing with the rain on the roof 😂😂😂😂

@the_third said in Madge's Presser:

Lost to like about that & I bet he can’t wait for the COE so he’s not competing with the rain on the roof 😂😂😂😂

That noise wasn’t rain, it was players walking in eggshells 😂😂😂😂

@the_third said in Madge's Presser:

That noise wasn’t rain, it was players walking in eggshells 😂😂😂😂

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive press conference whereby he showed that he is the boss. I liked when he said the leaks should not happen and I’m sure he knows who it was.
The team needs to buy in and train hard or they will no be in the side or club. Change is what we need and accountability for all players.

Interested to see how we play tomorrow

last edited by Sully

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme