Greatest Win of all time

Has a team ever won a game in the NRL with an 8:1 penalty ratio against them and only 32% possession?

The win last night may be (statistically) the best win by any team, ever.

It was INCREDIBLE.
The Newcastle comeback years ago was special too.
But IMO our best win was St George prelim. It wasn’t a comeback win: it was just the best match, best atmosphere and most satisfying victory I’ve ever watched.

Along with scoring more points than the percentage of time with the ball.

Gutsy effort and I thought we were gone but they dug deep and I can say it makes the next week enjoyable until we play the rabbits.

No but bearing Manly on their own dung heap ranks highly all on it’s own…

Hope Tigers work on their discipline for next week 👍

@bigsiro said in Greatest Win of all time:

It was INCREDIBLE.
But IMO our best win was St George prelim. It wasn’t a comeback win: it was just the best match, best atmosphere and most satisfying victory I’ve ever watched.

Yes booked tickets in the supporters bay, flew into Sydney for the weekend with the Wife to watch that game.
(Only way i could get a leave pass lol)

Watched the AFL grand final prior in the hotel bar where the Swans won there 1st GF and was naturally already in a great mood with a few drinks and confident that we could also win against the odds.

The atmosphere was electric that night and i was leading the chorus with lots of banter with Saints supporters as well and knew as soon as we arrived at the ground and the enthusiasm of fellow supporters we would WIN.

Celebrated late into the night, at the Airport back to Brisbane saw that cowboys were flogging the Eels at HT.

Playing the cowboys in the GF was confident that we would win our maiden premiership and we did, pity we have experienced that again, suppose meed a generational change with Benji moving on to bring in a new era.

Best ever Game of football i have attended.

What was the official final possession %? Have heard estimates from 21-41%.

@old_man_tiger said in Greatest Win of all time:

58-42

@hobbo1 said in Greatest Win of all time:

@old_man_tiger said in Greatest Win of all time:

58-42

Still a good effort

@Tiger2135 said in Greatest Win of all time:

Has a team ever won a game in the NRL with an 8:1 penalty ratio against them and only 32% possession?

The win last night may be (statistically) the best win by any team, ever.

That is a very good question. I haven’t heard of a team winning with only 32% possession ever, where’s David Middleton when you need him?

It was INCREDIBLE.

I agree completely. It was a night I will never forget. Lucky to get tickets and surrounded by Dragons faithful who just assumed it would be an easy win. The atmosphere that night has never been bettered, in my opinon. Even the GF the week after could not match that night at the SFS.

@Tiger-Tragic said in Greatest Win of all time:

It was INCREDIBLE.

I agree completely. It was a night I will never forget. Lucky to get tickets and surrounded by Dragons faithful who just assumed it would be an easy win. The atmosphere that night has never been bettered, in my opinon. Even the GF the week after could not match that night at the SFS.

Absolutely.
It was unique, unbridled euphoria.

I know we need to address our discipline as every week we give away 8 to 10 Penalties consistantly…
Maybe Madge needs to call the other NRL coaches or Ref’s and ask what they do as there discipline is excellent and never give penalties away… Its Amazing how fit they must be to be never offside, never have hands in the play the ball, never any dirty plays, no crushers or illegal strips… Its just perfection…

All jokes aside though we do need to look at ourselves but I believe the club needs to ask the refs what happening because every week we get hard done by the refs and that alone takes energy away and hard to win games… Not whinging but asking for a fair go…

I will give our players credit though as they don’t stay down for penalties unlike Eels players.

@hsvjones said in Greatest Win of all time:

I know we need to address our discipline as every week we give away 8 to 10 Penalties consistantly…
Maybe Madge needs to call the other NRL coaches or Ref’s and ask what they do as there discipline is excellent and never give penalties away… Its Amazing how fit they must be to be never offside, never have hands in the play the ball, never any dirty plays, no crushers or illegal strips… Its just perfection…

**All jokes aside though we do need to look at ourselves but I believe the club needs to ask the refs what happening because every week we get hard done by the refs and that alone takes energy away and hard to win games… Not whinging but asking for a fair go…
I will give our players credit though as they don’t stay down for penalties unlike Eels players.

Dominate in defence and things will change

Never say die attitude it’s what builds a winning culture and gets belief amongst the players. If we can end the season well we can use this as a stepping stone for next.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme