Simpkin in 2021

How big a role do we think he will have next year?

While Grant will obviously be a massive loss, having both Liddle and a young gun like Simpkin here next year is a pretty good consolation.

would still love to keep Grant if possible

@Jedi_Tiger said in Simpkin in 2021:

would still love to keep Grant if possible

I would to, but I think it’s unlikely.

his development would’ve been slowed by no reggies this year. depending on the grant situation and how he goes in pre-season we might not see him until mid year. think we’ll need to be patient.

If he’s ready, they’ll probably have him start out with the role that Liddle is playing now.

We’ll see him make his debut off the bench all things being equal. He and Liddle together will be dynamite.

I wouldn’t expect we’d see too much of him right? Just a bit here and there as he develops

@Jay said in Simpkin in 2021:

I wouldn’t expect we’d see too much of him right? Just a bit here and there as he develops

He’s turning 19 next month, I don’t think next year is too soon to give him a fair crack at first grade.

ive watched him up here play for Wynnum, i know its only colts but he is all class, very crafty, if your good enough your old enough, he is going to be great for Tigers. Plays a very similar role to Grant

Surley Simpkin gets a crack next week , a chance too debut in his home state in front of family and friends

@barnzee said in Simpkin in 2021:

Surley Simpkin gets a crack next week , a chance too debut in his home state in front of family and friends

Simpkin is a long way off being ready for first grade. Still a kid.

Think it is a good idea to give youngsters a run in rthese nothing games, to both get a glimpse of what they can do and the benefit that the player gets from the step up in recognising what they have to do to compete there.

I reckon he’ll start in Canterbury Cup for the first 4-5 rounds so he can get some much needed game time. Then, if he is progressing well, he’ll come onto the bench and play the role Liddle is performing right now (10-15 minutes off the bench at the end of the game).

@formerguest said in Simpkin in 2021:

Think it is a good idea to give youngsters a run in rthese nothing games, to both get a glimpse of what they can do and the benefit that the player gets from the step up in recognising what they have to do to compete there.

I’d think he’d be eased into the NRL playing a few minutes from the interchange like Liddle is doing now. He’s so good he’ll pick up the pace easily.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Simpkin in 2021:

@formerguest said in Simpkin in 2021:

I’d think he’d be eased into the NRL playing a few minutes from the interchange like Liddle is doing now. He’s so good he’ll pick up the pace easily.

Yeah, didn’t explain myself well there as that’s what I was getting at, as the nine role is very demanding. I see it a bit like 2013 with Brooks, in giving these players a taste of what is to come.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme