Warren Smith

Props to the guy. The only commentator who has had the balls to come out and find a justification in why the club has not offered Marshall a contract next year, actually addressing what a liability he is in defence. Contrast that with blocker who spent the night kissing his taint. Maybe if more commentators were as honest as Smith, Marshall’s ego would be in check and he wouldn’t be throwing the toys out of the cot about not being offered a new contract.

@GNR4LIFE said in Warren Smith:

Props to the guy. The only commentator who has had the balls to come out and find a justification in why the club has not offered Marshall a contract next year, actually addressing what a liability he is in defence. Contrast that with blocker who spent the night kissing his taint. Maybe if more commentators were as honest as Smith, Marshall’s ego would be in check and he wouldn’t be throwing the toys out of the cot about not being offered a new contract.

Blocker wouldn’t stop going on about Benji’s talent. It was nauseating.

I wonder whether the majority of commentators were quite disappointed tonight. They thought they were going to see a a team fall apart due to the the team’s supposed lack of discipline, culture and whatever else they could think of to bring down the Wests Tigers. Good on you Madge you are certainly on the right track.

Without Benji we score maybe 10 less…but the opposition scores 18 less.
A total turnstyle,and getting worse
…and u always knew he wld try to enhance his highlites reel in the last few games this season to enhance his legacy…he cld have actually won the game for us tonite if hed kept his head,which wld have been worth remembering
Smith called it absolutely right…nine guys have an agenda(gould always does)

@GNR4LIFE said in Warren Smith:

It was refreshing to hear …
Benji has been in sook mode now for 2 weeks …
I reckon he’s THE SQUEALER 🐖

Two more games. I can’t be bothered sweating on every good or bad thing said about Benji. Just be glad when we move on.

modules:composer.user_said_in, @Newtown, Warren Smith

I wonder whether the majority of commentators were quite disappointed tonight. They thought they were going to see a a team fall apart due to the the team’s supposed lack of discipline, culture and whatever else they could think of to bring down the Wests Tigers. Good on you Madge you are certainly on the right track.

we came back strong, whole 2nd half we were the better team, even without our 3 top players - very good effort in the last 2 games!

best caller in the game and he is a Wests Tigers fan too!! yep benji has been sooking for weeks now,

@davey_farrell said in Warren Smith:

best caller in the game and he is a Wests Tigers fan too!! yep benji has been sooking for weeks now,

Yes he is a Tigers fan 🙂

So is Hooper actually…

@Telltails said in Warren Smith:

Two more games. I can’t be bothered sweating on every good or bad thing said about Benji. Just be glad when we move on.

The guy should have retired at the end of 2011 and not returned from Japanese rugby or stayed in NZ playing rugby or whatever. He’d be spoken of in the same circles of the immortals now. Would be one of those talks at the pub with your mates “imagine if Benji had of stayed on in league, 1 club player, he would have won 3 more premierships, who knows how great he could have been, we will never know. yada yada yada.”

Instead, we know how it turned out.

Talk about playing on far too long and tarnishing what could have been a legend of the games legacy.

@The_Return said in Warren Smith:

The guy should have retired at the end of 2011 and not returned from Japanese rugby or stayed in NZ playing rugby or whatever. He’d be spoken of in the same circles of the immortals now. Would be one of those talks at the pub with your mates “imagine if Benji had of stayed on in league, 1 club player, he would have won 3 more premierships, who knows how great he could have been, we will never know. yada yada yada.”

Talk about playing on far too long and tarnishing what could have been a legend of the games legacy.

Good post. People would have presumed he’d of matured and then spoken of him in awe. Instead, we all got to see him never grow up. The sulking on FOX…going to the media after every coach dropped him…and,somehow, at 35 years old making plays that a rookie would be slaughtered for like kicking on the second with 3 mins left…

He was a freak as a kid…but as his athleticism dropped off, his footy IQ never improved to compensate.

His career is almost the polar opposite of Cronk…

@ElleryHanley said in Warren Smith:

@The_Return said in Warren Smith:

Good post. People would have presumed he’d of matured and then spoken of him in awe. Instead, we all got to see him never grow up. The sulking on FOX…going to the media after every coach dropped him…and,somehow, at 35 years old making plays that a rookie would be slaughtered for like kicking on the second with 3 mins left…

He was a freak as a kid…but as his athleticism dropped off, his footy IQ never improved to compensate.

His career is almost the polar opposite of Cronk…

Well i also see Thurston commentating how so surprised the Tigers did not offer Benji another contract and questioning there logic with the decision.

Really don’t think that former players that never actually played for the club should be making these type of comments again its negative comments about the club in general, how well are the Cowboys going this season JT???

He certainly was not the best player on the field last night, played his part but there is not I in team.

For everything that Benji has provided to the Wests Tigers i have to applaud him but that kick on the 3rd tackle with 3 minutes sums it all up, always looking for the spectacular play when not required, would of rather seem the ball in Brooks hands kicking on the last.

We move forward in 2 games time.

imagine if Brooks did that kick with 3 to go, the commentators would have crucified him, however with Benji nothing gets said, he is so protected in the media

Benji has avoided criticism all year. He’s friends with all the media blokes so they won’t say anything bad about him in fact they’re all trying to get him a new contract

im not suprised Josh, on nrl 360 they dont give him any hard questions, there all in his corner, annoys me!! Dont start me on Paul Crawley!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme