Random thoughts post game..

Pre-match, plenty were ducking for cover, expecting the WT to be rolled by the men from Redfern. And yes, it certainly started to look this way, earlier on. But then, something happened. Not sure if to call it pride, self-respect, self-image, maybe all of these things. The team grew in belief, and it fought until the end for a victory that never came. I saw, in their faces, a mix of disappointment and fatigue of those that had nothing left in the tank. At that point, I realised that I don’t follow this team because I expect them to play finals. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it. But I thought if I wanted to win maybe I should follow the Roosters, Melbourne, maybe even (God forbid) Souffs!! But would they ever give me the same roller coaster ride of emotions, the same excitement of walking down Mary st, the same hope that lingers, like when you are waiting to go on a date, or when its the Friday of the long weekend? Probably not for me, but others live for winning. And journalists are going to come up with the same old line of “perennial 9’s” - but they won’t talk about the measure of the fans who live in hope, support the team regardless. When these fans say “there’s always next year” they look toward the stars, toward the joy that the team brings to their life - this is the true result. What’s on the scoreboard of your life.

Please explain why attack nearly always goes left towards kepoa and away from nufuloma
And how can you play talau and kepoa but not reynolds who is an energenic playmaker costing 800k

@steve-connelly said in Random thoughts post game..:

Please explain why attack nearly always goes left towards kepoa and away from nufuloma
And how can you play talau and kepoa but not reynolds who is an energenic playmaker costing 800k

I thought the exact opposite. Initially it looked like the plan was, just give it to Nofo. When that wasn’t working it went the other way.

Reynolds isn’t worth anywhere near $800K. Energetic maybe but a dubious as a playmaker. His best days are long past.

Nofa was almost playing three in sometimes. Seemed like they wanted to give him as much ball as possible.

I thought Kepaoa did well last night they targeted him all night with kicks and he only had one error in that regard if I’m remembering correctly. Had some terrible passes thrown at him (which he got blamed for for some reason) but he looked fast when he found some open space.

Maguire has something to work with in 2021. Expect breakout year for AJ, AD, Blore and McIntyre.
I going to follow Grant’s career no matter where he ends up. Special talent.

last edited by Magpie1969

@JoshColeman99 said in Random thoughts post game..:

Nofa was almost playing three in sometimes. Seemed like they wanted to give him as much ball as possible.

I thought Kepaoa did well last night they targeted him all night with kicks and he only had one error in that regard if I’m remembering correctly. Had some terrible passes thrown at him (which he got blamed for for some reason) but he looked fast when he found some open space.

Yes, Nofo was often playing centre last night.

Kepaoa at least has some speed
…Talau must be the slowest back in the NRL.If u get run down by forwards regularly you shld become one

@clontarfkid said in Random thoughts post game..:

…Talau must be the slowest back in the NRL.If u get run down by forwards regularly you shld become one

Talau put a lot of weight/muscle on over the pre season last year. Maybe now that he’s played a decent amount of first grade they try slim him down a little maybe? At the same time close to the line he’s a hard man to stop.

@clontarfkid said in Random thoughts post game..:

Kepaoa running at speed looked a weapon. I don’t mind those passes being missed. He didn’t drop one bomb last night. He is a quick learner and looks a find.

Kepaoa will benefit from a complete pre season and a regular centre partner he can build a connection with. So much to like about this young kid.

I think Kepaoa will be a better player then Talau.

Talau is behind BJ, AD and Momo’s for a centre spot. AD is the goal kicker we need

@steve-connelly said in Random thoughts post game..:

Because energetic is not the first adjective you want hear when people describe your 5/8th.

@Magpie1969 said in Random thoughts post game..:

Talau is behind BJ, AD and Momo’s for a centre spot. AD is the goal kicker we need

Kepaoa may be Doueihi’s centre partner.

last edited by pawsandclaws1

Again people wrote off Kepaoa after one game where we got flogged by 40. He took some hard kicks and looked dangerous every time he ran the ball, not only near the try line but did well out of our own end. He could easily turn into a very handy first grader, he’s got the build and physical attributes of a great player and the more he plays the better he’ll get

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme