Brooks half partner 2021

Who do you fancy?
Brooks & Reynolds
Brooks & Mbye
Brooks & Madden

I’d say AD but he has looked much too good in center. I’m sure he will be there next year. I suppose it’s possible Mbye or Momorovski could move there.

I think Brooks and AD.

Give madden a go next week, hopefully goes ok to see how he goes next year with brooks

Depressing reading already

Id prefer Brooks and Jackson Hastings but Ill prob take Brooks and Mbye pending that Madden hasnt played all year

@innsaneink said in Brooks half partner 2021:

Depressing reading already

Yep shuffling the deck chairs again

Hopefully by season start there will be a standout in training and trials.

Musgrove and McIntyre.

Play with an 8 man pack.

Put 2 props and 2 backrow forwards on the bench. Allows the forwards to go hell for leather for 80 minutes. Anyone can take a kick on the 5th tackle. It couldnt possibly be any worse then what gets dished up by the current halves on the 5th.

@Jay said in Brooks half partner 2021:

Hopefully by season start there will be a standout in training and trials.

We’re good at them!!

@The_Return said in Brooks half partner 2021:

Musgrove and McIntyre.

Play with an 8 man pack.

Put 2 props and 2 backrow forwards on the bench. Allows the forwards to go hell for leather for 80 minutes. Anyone can take a kick on the 5th tackle. It couldnt possibly be any worse then what gets dished up by the current halves on the 5th.

I reckon have a whole team of fast, strong ball playing 2nd rowers.

@Jay said in Brooks half partner 2021:

@The_Return said in Brooks half partner 2021:

Musgrove and McIntyre.

Play with an 8 man pack.

I reckon have a whole team of fast, strong ball playing 2nd rowers.

Ive legit thought about that for ages. Just have a team fully made up of super fit 2nd rowers and centres. A few of which can ball play and kick.

I like how Johns said last night when 3 players were in the bin that the game was 100 years old, the players have gotten bigger, stronger faster yet it remains 13 a side. I think it would be a great spectacle of a game if it was reduced to 11 or 12 a side. Open field, scoring all over the place, would certainly change the shape of players to being more in the 2nd rower/centre build across the park.

Its funny, I think Brooks has all of the attributes necessary, except the balls big enough to tell players where they need to be an when…

Brooks isnt an alpha personality, and has lived with Benji big balling him for too long. You could set the deepest running line in the history of RL, and Bunji would crab walk them all out of space. Not benji’s fault, Luke is supposed to be setting the lines, but would anyone here believe Brooks is leading you into war, or trust Bunji could no-look you into a win? Sad as it is, I know who I would back…

We need a part time half who can get us from A to B and let Luke finish his decade long apprenticeship, someone who could play percentages. I wish he was there already, but he isnt. Not from lack of skill, but lack of default settings (for lack of better descriptive language). teach him to set the off line, teach him to call the hooker, teach him to set himself deeper late int the set…

Everyone scoffs at Green, but Brooks isnt going to be a 6, the flair isnt there. He is a stud system 7, A to B man plus… you can dig out unreliable freaks everywhere, but the reliable Pierce, Cronk, Reynolds… all plus models, but you can rely on them to manouvere the offensive weapons into field position.

well without seeing Madden play i’d have to say AD. For a rookie hes got a kicking game and passing game, good running game too.

Liked the confidence with the chip kick too, even though it didn’t come off

It doesn’t bode well for your season when you have no idea whose gonna play where, especially when it’s your spine. We’ll still probably be debating this in February. There’s little doubt in regards to who the top sides spine’s are going to consist of. One of the reasons they are top sides.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme