Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands

@weststigerman said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

@Geo said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

What’s holding up the official announcement?

I would guess that it’s not yet official…

Thanks for that. Seems like the whole world knows about it being confirmed. Another leak?

The whole world could be wrong, it is not official yet.

Curiously …what do Penrith fans think of him leaving

@happy_tiger said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

Who cares…

@happy_tiger said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

They’re doing the Mexican wave

Mostly I’ve seen a mix of happy for him, telling us it’s a good signing and faint “I wish we could keep him”. Not outrage but also not like he wasn’t liked by the fans.

@facepalmer said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

Mostly I’ve seen a mix of happy for him, telling us it’s a good signing and faint “I wish we could keep him”. Not outrage but also not like he wasn’t liked by the fans.

He’d be a hard bloke not to like .
Saw him in the pre-season helping fight the fires somewhere out bush, he seems like a real quality bloke IMO.
Would be surprised if he didn’t make a real positive impact on our club.

@Fade-To-Black said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

Saw him in the pre-season helping fight the fires somewhere out bush, he seems like a real quality bloke IMO.

That is exactly what the club believes

@cochise said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s named captain or co captain either.

@JoshColeman99 said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

@cochise said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s named captain or co captain either.

Leadership and personality are massive upsides, statistically he works out very high value as well

If his missus is anything like mine when choosing what food to order, we could be waiting a while yet ☹

@Tiger5150 said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

@TrueTiger said in Tamou leaves Tigers call in safe hands:

The key thing about Tamou and his age is up until now he’s been relatively injury free,

Other than a serious spinal injury that required surgery.

How many games did he miss for this serious injury?

3…your point being?

Are you arguing that an injury to his cervical spine, that resulted in the loss of feeling and movement in one arm, and required surgery and three months recovery is not a serious injury?

My point being he has been relatively injury free.

Didn’t slow him down as the following year he helped his team win the competition and then signed a monster deal to join Penrith and captain them to a minor premiership this year.

And my point is that he has had a very serious injury to his neck. Its not nothing and could come back to bite him late in his career.

McQeen says hi…

Im not sure his injury bit him late in his career, or whether he was just not that good. Genuinely not sure. You think it was his neck?

Definately the neck injury really impacted his playing ability,many people bagged the guy,but he was a very handy player before that.he was never the same but he did well to try and comeback from it…I hope he has a great life after football,all the best to him…

He walks into our starting side don’t see any problems with his signing. I really don’t get the negativity

Ask yourselves, if he was at the club already, would re-signing him be a good decision. With the lack of leadership in the forward pack, it’s a no brainer.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

I must be honest, I have never rated James Tamou at any stage in his career. When he played origin, I even shook my head thinkign what the hell are the selectors seeing.

However…

I can appreciate he has massive leadership qualities to offer, he is experienced and if he stays professional and doesn’t just bludge off into the night, its probably a good signing. We have young forwards who need a mentor, and we no longer have Lawrence or Marshall as old heads.

I trust the coach and I’m man enough to say that whilst I never liked him as a player, he might be a very shrewed signing and the right $$$.

Well David Riccio said there’d be an announcement ‘within 48 hours’ so let’s see if that actually comes true for once.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme