Tiger Players and Value for Money

I’m a little bored tonight and was mulling over the true worth of our players. Specifically, what they’d be worth on the open market based on their current form.

Feel free to play “The Price is Right” with those who’ve played first grade this year. What would you pay for them on the open market? When I consider what we pay our players versus what think they’re worth you get a decent idea of why we under-perform.

These are listed in descending order based purely on what I (or another team) would be willing to pay on the open market. FWIW, I think there’s 28 players and it totals close to the salary cap figure.

Harry Grant - $900

Nofo - $550k

Mbye - $550k as a half/fullback

Brooks - $500k

Doueihi - $475k as a centre

Aloiai - $450k

LL Cool - $450k

BJ - $450k

Packer - $425k

Musgrove - $350k

Twal - $350k

J Reynolds - $325k

Liddle - $300k

Mikaele - $300k

Talua - $275

McIntyre - $250k

Blore - $250k

Benji - $225k

Eiso - $225k

Garner - $225k

Lawrence - $225k*

Billy Walters - $200k

Asu Kepaoa - $200k

Jennings - $200k

Chee Kam - $200k*

ET - $175k*

Seyfarth - $130

Hoffman - $130k

• Marked down a bit based on leaving or not playing.
last edited by voice_of_reason

You can set my salary!!
Cld take 20% off most of em,and all of it off Packer!!

Quite a few bargains there.

300k for Liddle is the bargain of the century.

@Russell said in Tiger Players and Value for Money:

I know your related but that’s all he’s worth at the moment
And I DO rate him !

Interesting, one says I’m way too high and one says way too low 🙂

@hobbo1 said in Tiger Players and Value for Money:

And I DO rate him !

If Grant in this scenario is worth (edit) 900 - Liddle is worth more than 300.

last edited by Russell

@hobbo1 said in Tiger Players and Value for Money:

And I DO rate him !

If Grant in this scenario is worth 800 - Liddle is worth more than 300.

Grant isn’t worth that at the moment…
He can’t even play a full 80 mins

@voice_of_reason said in Tiger Players and Value for Money:

Aloiai - $4500k

I dont even think the Rorters could get him into their salary cap at that, but then again …

No estabilised NRL half is going for anything less than 650k . Probably closer to 750k . That’s what the going rate is . The market sets the value

@Strongee said in Tiger Players and Value for Money:

No estabilised NRL half is going for anything less than 650k . Probably closer to 750k . That’s what the going rate is . The market sets the value

It’s not about what a good half is worth, it’s what would you pay for Brooks on current form?

To me previous post , you can not out say things like “this player is worth X amount” if your not using a baseline of what The median contract is for that position. Eg centres. You would roughly guess the average contract in today’s game for an NRL centre would be 400-500k . So anything above that figure is low value , and below is high value , based on an average nrl season . Then throw in form , line breaks , tries allowed , metres etc . You build a more accurate picture . But the baseline is still the same

Luciano aloai mikaele all bargains

How is jenko on 200k

Far out

It’s not about what a good half is worth, it’s what would you pay for Brooks on current form?

What are you talking about ? If youre an NRL administrator , you pay what you have to pay . Which is exactly what the market says he’s worth.

What are you talking about ? If youre an NRL administrator , you pay what you have to pay . Which is exactly what the market says he’s worth.

You might get lucky withy benji for eg. But even someone like Blake green , is still on 550-600k per season . And he’s 35

I think you’re missing the point of the discussion. It’s not about what we would pay for a half, it’s what we believe our half is worth on the open market. The baseline isn’t other halves, it supply and demand - Eg Benji. He’s an international half with no demand. On your baseline he’s worth $700k but is anyone offering that?

I’d be interested in seeing your valuations for all the players.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme