Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..

All the Round 19 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 15 Sep 2020, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named his side to take on the Melbourne Storm this Saturday at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

With Luke Brooks suspended for one match, Josh Reynolds returns to the run-on side and will start at five-eighth alongside captain Benji Marshall in the halves. Marshall will once again captain the side with Moses Mbye sidelined, while Joseph Leilua returns from an ankle injury to take his place in the centres.

Sam McIntyre earns a start in the back row with Luke Garner dropping back to the bench, while Zane Musgrove returns for his first game since picking up an injury in Round 6 against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Rookie halfback Jock Madden has been named on the extended bench alongside Tommy Talau, Jacob Liddle and Michael Chee Kam.

WESTS TIGERS

1. Adam Doueihi
  2. David Nofoaluma
  3. Joseph Leilua
  4. Chris Lawrence
  5. Asu “AJ” Kepaoa
  6. Josh Reynolds
  7. Benji Marshall (capt.)
  8. Josh Aloiai
  9. Harry Grant
  10. Thomas Mikaele
  11. Sam McIntyre
  12. Luciano Leilua
  13. Alex Twal

Interchange:
14. Zane Musgrove
15. Matt Eisenhuth
16. Russell Packer
17. Luke Garner

Reserves:
18. Tommy Talau
19. Michael Chee Kam
20. Jock Madden
21. Jacob Liddle

Coach: Michael Maguire

McIntyre earned his starting spot…

That’s all I got…

Well … that line up is certainly a mixed bag lol

Part timers special !

Surprised Chee Kam ain’t getting a run !

man why play reynolds???

Why is Grant in the 9 and Liddle out of the side when we can’t make finals and Grant has said numerous times he’ll be back with Melbourne next year?

Why is Lawrence anywhere near first grade? Good servant or not, he should of hung them up years ago!

Packer and Reynolds back in is also laughable. Think Madge has lost the plot

@OzLuke said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

man why play reynolds???

Team chemistry lol

By naming Packer & Reynolds maybe Maguire is allowing them to show their wares to other NRL or Super League clubs that maybe interested in signing these two (not that many are lining up to sign either of them)??

man why play reynolds???

Madge has to save face from backing him and Packer up when they took off at Brookvale

Looks like a better team than last weeks.

One of the worst team sheets I’ve seen all year from us especially in the circumstances and where we are in the year. Appalled to be honest. Maguire taking the piss or something

Maybe this means Madden sneaks on the bench?

@TopTiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

By naming Packer & Reynolds maybe Maguire is allowing them to show their wares to other NRL or Super League clubs that maybe interested in signing these two (not that many are lining up to sign either of them)??

You would think so.

Also possibly testing the waters to see how we play with a big bench full of forwards next year. However I would expect a late change with Liddle coming in for one of them.

man why play reynolds???

I think its great to play Reynolds and Packer. Give them a chance to improve the relationship with the club. See if we can get some use of them next year, not a total waste.

@Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

McIntyre earned his starting spot…

That’s all I got…

Did someone say KFC ?

Liddle - is an interesting one. Not taking any risks till next year.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme