Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..

@tigerbalm said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

Any of the purple blokes have a milestone this week?

Slater’s 100th appearance as a commentator.
We got this 😉

@Roar_Power said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

I agree with Madge’s picks. Keep Liddle in cotton wool for a strong off season (this one is over). Debuting Madden against Melbourne is madness. Get Packer and Reynolds out there for the final two games to hopefully sell the bludgers on to some other unassuming SL side. Can’t hurt keeping Lawrence around either given he has served the club well and has a possible two games left in his career.

Packer can’t play in SL - would have to be a club here.

I think we will be stuck with Mbye and Packer. Reynolds likely to go to Super League as I can’t see him happy to sit in reserve grade. Packer has no real options given past criminal record. I hope Packer gives his all next season.

@Russell said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

I agree with Madge’s picks. Keep Liddle in cotton wool for a strong off season (this one is over). Debuting Madden against Melbourne is madness. Get Packer and Reynolds out there for the final two games to hopefully sell the bludgers on to some other unassuming SL side. Can’t hurt keeping Lawrence around either given he has served the club well and has a possible two games left in his career.

Catalans?

Catalans?

May not be allowed into the UK too play though.

Catalans?

Bird and Carney were

@happy_tiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

Catalans?

Bird and Carney were

Ok - then he could play for Catalans - if he wanted to go.

Catalans?

Bird and Carney were

He has a young autistic boy so might be hardwe for him to move overseas. He’ll finish up at Tigers and retire is my bet.

@Tigerbuck63 said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

@colinbh said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

@Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

All the Round 19 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 15 Sep 2020, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named his side to take on the Melbourne Storm this Saturday at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

With Luke Brooks suspended for one match, Josh Reynolds returns to the run-on side and will start at five-eighth alongside captain Benji Marshall in the halves. Marshall will once again captain the side with Moses Mbye sidelined, while Joseph Leilua returns from an ankle injury to take his place in the centres.

Sam McIntyre earns a start in the back row with Luke Garner dropping back to the bench, while Zane Musgrove returns for his first game since picking up an injury in Round 6 against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Rookie halfback Jock Madden has been named on the extended bench alongside Tommy Talau, Jacob Liddle and Michael Chee Kam.

WESTS TIGERS

1. Adam Doueihi
  2. David Nofoaluma
  3. Joseph Leilua
  4. Chris Lawrence
  5. Asu “AJ” Kepaoa
  6. Josh Reynolds
  7. Benji Marshall (capt.)
  8. Josh Aloiai
  9. Harry Grant
  10. Thomas Mikaele
  11. Sam McIntyre
  12. Luciano Leilua
  13. Alex Twal

Interchange:
14. Zane Musgrove
15. Matt Eisenhuth
16. Russell Packer
17. Luke Garner

Reserves:
18. Tommy Talau
19. Michael Chee Kam
20. Jock Madden
21. Jacob Liddle

Coach: Michael Maguire

Would of rather seen Madden get a run than Reynolds.
Packer strange decision so think someone on the bench will change maybe Liddle instead.

Shows the lack of depth we have when looking at the 21 man squad, lets hope no injuries in the last 2 rounds with existing contracted players as these are nothing games other than where we finish on the ladder.

Lawrence don’t mind his selection means he will play 3 games in a row before retiring on 253 games that some achievement.

Line maybe 14+ on these selections.
Based upon prior games take the line.

Tigers always play well against the storm so expect a bold showing only lost by 2 points last game and we WON by 1 in 2018. Looking forward to the hookers going at each other.

I’ve seen Madden play a few times and he is nowhere near first grade standard. Actually, I doubt he would make reserve grade. Very, very ordinary.

So why are we keeping him or are we hoping that will be a late developer with more games under his belt in reserves?

He’s 21 in March plenty of time to make FG looking at the highlights from CC 2019 there is definitely potential there whether at this stage good enough for FG not sure covid 19 really hampered his development with a good off season he will get his chance 2021.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

@colinbh said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

@Geo said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

All the Round 19 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 15 Sep 2020, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named his side to take on the Melbourne Storm this Saturday at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

With Luke Brooks suspended for one match, Josh Reynolds returns to the run-on side and will start at five-eighth alongside captain Benji Marshall in the halves. Marshall will once again captain the side with Moses Mbye sidelined, while Joseph Leilua returns from an ankle injury to take his place in the centres.

Sam McIntyre earns a start in the back row with Luke Garner dropping back to the bench, while Zane Musgrove returns for his first game since picking up an injury in Round 6 against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Rookie halfback Jock Madden has been named on the extended bench alongside Tommy Talau, Jacob Liddle and Michael Chee Kam.

WESTS TIGERS

1. Adam Doueihi
  2. David Nofoaluma
  3. Joseph Leilua
  4. Chris Lawrence
  5. Asu “AJ” Kepaoa
  6. Josh Reynolds
  7. Benji Marshall (capt.)
  8. Josh Aloiai
  9. Harry Grant
  10. Thomas Mikaele
  11. Sam McIntyre
  12. Luciano Leilua
  13. Alex Twal

Interchange:
14. Zane Musgrove
15. Matt Eisenhuth
16. Russell Packer
17. Luke Garner

Reserves:
18. Tommy Talau
19. Michael Chee Kam
20. Jock Madden
21. Jacob Liddle

Coach: Michael Maguire

Would of rather seen Madden get a run than Reynolds.
Packer strange decision so think someone on the bench will change maybe Liddle instead.

Shows the lack of depth we have when looking at the 21 man squad, lets hope no injuries in the last 2 rounds with existing contracted players as these are nothing games other than where we finish on the ladder.

Lawrence don’t mind his selection means he will play 3 games in a row before retiring on 253 games that some achievement.

Line maybe 14+ on these selections.
Based upon prior games take the line.

Tigers always play well against the storm so expect a bold showing only lost by 2 points last game and we WON by 1 in 2018. Looking forward to the hookers going at each other.

I’ve seen Madden play a few times and he is nowhere near first grade standard. Actually, I doubt he would make reserve grade. Very, very ordinary.

So why are we keeping him or are we hoping that will be a late developer with more games under his belt in reserves?

He’s 21 in March plenty of time to make FG looking at the highlights from CC 2019 there is definitely potential there whether at this stage good enough for FG not sure covid 19 really hampered his development with a good off season he will get his chance 2021.

Well lets hope he keeps developing and puts pressure in later years on non performing halfs as an option, Cheers.

@JoshColeman99 said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

Catalans?

Bird and Carney were

He has a young autistic boy so might be hardwe for him to move overseas. He’ll finish up at Tigers and retire is my bet.

He’s part of the way there. He’ll finish up at Tigers. I think maybe he’s already retired.

Christian Welch to miss tomorrow’s game due to covid breach.

@Madge said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

That’s a decent out for them too, he’s been one of their most consistent players this season.

Interesting how Storm play against Grant. C Smith will not want to be upstaged.

@Madge said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne..:

Not so much of a loss when Brandon Smith walks straight back into the top grade.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme