Help me (and others) keep faith in Madge...

I am trying to keep the faith…but I am starting to ‘only’ see a conservative coach who acts tough and intense…but I don’t see any strategy, any game plans, or any defensive structure. Our goal line D is atrocious. Our attack is basically just throw it around when the game is cooked.

Was really hoping that ‘we will use this time to plan for 2021’ presser was going to be a turning point. But, no, somehow we have Lawrence at center instead of giving Talau vital time there. A washed up vet who can’t move sideways given a game when we have young centers who ‘need’ time. Makes no sense.

No one blooded…no experimenting in games that are dead rubbers.

I will wait until 2021 to really judge, but I don’t see much to give hope…and I have been in Madge’s corner since day one. Absolutely nothing has been gained from these past few games that will help for 2021.

Get down 20 and then throw it around after the opp go to sleep is not a game plan. There has been massive regression since the Parra game.

Someone restore my faith. Please.

your dead right!! im starting to lose faith too, some of his buys such as joey, kapoa, have been aweful. players have regressed badly, not blooding any news guys as he promised. same old speel at every press conference. To be fair he had a pretty good squad at Souths, aint much here but we are going backwards rapidly

The game plan was fine . We got behind because of arm grabbing and brain farts in the defensive line . Like Joey twice going in for no reason when it was clear the fullback was getting the ball as it was 3 on 3 . We looked much stronger when Musgrove went out there . At the moment it’s a good josh Aloai run follows by a plodding nothing run by one of our forwards. Also Doueihi tonight once again showed , if he moves to the centre full time he is going to be a real weapon. (Yes I know he played 1 tonight )

The players are crap

No one wants to come to us

The rebuild will take years

Get used to it

Our D past two months…

50 (so far)

No other coach had a record that bad for two months straight. I don’t know what to even say. I have not seen a team with no defensive structures at all like this. We concede Z grade tries weekly.

@Strongee said in Help me (and others) keep faith in Madge...:

The game plan was fine . We got behind because of arm grabbing and brain farts in the defensive line . Like Joey twice going in for no reason when it was clear the fullback was getting the ball as it was 3 on 3 . We looked much stronger when Musgrove went out there . At the moment it’s a good josh Aloai run follows by a plodding nothing run by one of our forwards. Also Doueihi tonight once again showed , if he moves to the centre full time he is going to be a real weapon. (Yes I know he played 1 tonight )

And our fullback not playing fullback

But that Benji/ Joey/ Nofa ‘corridor’ has been open all year and zero adjustments. Nothing.

We will be waiting til at least 2023 to see anything decent from a Madge selected and coached team so strap in for a long and frustrating time

@ElleryHanley said in Help me (and others) keep faith in Madge...:

Our D past two months…

50 (so far)

No other coach had a record that bad for two months straight. I don’t know what to even say. I have not seen a team with no defensive structures at all like this. We concede Z grade tries weekly.

Damn
When you see it in writing it really hits home how woeful our defence has become

But that Benji/ Joey/ Nofa ‘corridor’ has been open all year and zero adjustments. Nothing.

Maybe those players just don’t get it

@davey_farrell said in Help me (and others) keep faith in Madge...:

your dead right!! im starting to lose faith too, some of his buys such as joey, kapoa, have been aweful. players have regressed badly, not blooding any news guys as he promised. same old speel at every press conference. To be fair he had a pretty good squad at Souths, aint much here but we are going backwards rapidly

He doesn’t have Rusty doing the recruiting and Hartigan doesn’t have Politis doing it for him.
Bellamy transforms average players into machines. Maguire doesn’t have the personality to do that

Maguire is a myth time will reveal all

@Snake said in Help me (and others) keep faith in Madge...:

Maguire is a myth time will reveal all

But but but it’s not his team and we should give him another 2 years 🤦‍♂️😂😂

@Sausagesorcerer said in Help me (and others) keep faith in Madge...:

Our D past two months…

50 (so far)

Damn
When you see it in writing it really hits home how woeful our defence has become

Even really poor teams put in one good defensive performance a month. Us…nothing.

And zero adjustments from the coach.

As stated, I have been in the Madge camp…but I am legitimately at a loss. I see no tactics, no structures, nothing.

we don’t have the cattle, we have a centre playing fullback and we have no halves…not much he can do

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme