Press Conferences

Well another loss another press conference where there are never any hard questions asked that make us accountable for our performance?

Q. With a focus on D that has been rammed down the supporters throats this season how do you allow 50 points to be scored?

Q. Another player infringing that leads to 10 in the bin on the back of 2 last week, does the team lack disipline?

Q. What position do you think you will finish this season. and do you think that the team had performed better than last season?

Q. Another last minute change to the team this week at the last minute should the supporters really believe that the team named will be the team that runs on each week?

Q. There looks like there are going to be changes with your assistants for next season can you give the supporters an idea why changes are being made and what you are trying to achieve?

Feel free to ask any other ? But you have to wonder where we are when we never seem to be accountable. the media happily hammers us all week with player unrest, rumours, club culture but can’t seem to ask ? After a hammering like we saw tonight.

Maguire seems to be untouchable…the media seem to love him…many on here love him, they seem to think he’s the one to lead this club to success…i think he’s driving this club into a very dark period

Q. How much responsibility do you take for your team performance this year?

@Spacecub said in Press Conferences:

Maguire seems to be untouchable…the media seem to love him…many on here love him, they seem to think he’s the one to lead this club to success…i think he’s driving this club into a very dark period

You’re joking right. How many articles has there been lately trying to drag the club down? There’s been plenty talking about Madge being too tough and his system not working.

@Tiger_heart said in Press Conferences:

Q. How much responsibility do you take for your team performance this year?

Great ? Would be an interesting to listen to what the reply would be, boys trying hard etc etc etc, really pleased with that performance blah blah blah. Next question lol

@JoshColeman99 said in Press Conferences:

You’re joking right. How many articles has there been lately trying to drag the club down? There’s been plenty talking about Madge being too tough and his system not working.

There all about outside influencers writing something or so called commentators giving there own views. Most should be ignored.

The issue is when it comes to press conferences that no hard ? get asked, maybe one of the shortest ones this season last night.

Surely after all the focus on D this season I would if asked why do you think the team leaked 50 points tonight?

Many on here are hoping he is better than what we have had prior, but in reality has this season been better than last year?

I am a Madge supporter but also a long term Tigers supporter and willing to give him some time but have to ? His tactics and selections this season.

I’m a Madge fan too, but now the season is done , I’d accept a loss easier he was trying to blood some youth or try some other combos.

@Tigerbuck63 said in Press Conferences:

@JoshColeman99 said in Press Conferences:

There all about outside influencers writing something or so called commentators giving there own views. Most should be ignored.

The issue is when it comes to press conferences that no hard ? get asked, maybe one of the shortest ones this season last night.

Surely after all the focus on D this season I would if asked why do you think the team leaked 50 points tonight?

Many on here are hoping he is better than what we have had prior, but in reality has this season been better than last year?

I am a Madge supporter but also a long term Tigers supporter and willing to give him some time but have to ? His tactics and selections this season.

That’s on the reporters to ask him questions. Coaches rarely give much up to the media even when asked most of them don’t really want the media knowing about much that happens at training and etc.

Imagine if all the players had to do pressers as well …some would have a lawyer present …Player X you dropped 5 passes and misses 6 tackles …" you can’t ask my client that or my client takes the 5th amendment lol"

Maybe we should be instead asking questions of NRL:

Why do you allow lopsided rosters between the teams?
Why is there no clear “ what is a player cost ceiling” rules in ?NRL?
Why can’t there be an annual player draft such as AFL and NRL where fans have visibility they are entitled to?
Why do you allow changes to the rules which allow for 50% of the competition to be done and dusted 5 games out from the finals?
Why do you allow, what has becomes an obvious top teams favouritism in on field refereeing calls ?

And that’s for starters.
People are whining about WT getting blown off the park in games. Well mate just look at the current score blow outs! Ya see the pattern … WT are no Robinson Crusoe in that regard.
We are still competing in games but the rules, referees and our attitude due to our position on the ladder are all contributing factors our situation. If we still had a chance for the finals I believe you would see a a different games and results to what you’ve seen over last few weeks. And if we along with whole lot of other bottom tier teams were given a real chance to revise and strengthen squads in a orderly manner … well that would be a first for NRL.

@momo_amp_medo said in Press Conferences:

Maybe we should be instead asking questions of NRL:

Why do you allow lopsided rosters between the teams?
Why is there no clear “ what is a player cost ceiling” rules in ?NRL?
Why can’t there be an annual player draft such as AFL and NRL where fans have visibility they are entitled to?
Why do you allow changes to the rules which allow for 50% of the competition to be done and dusted 5 games out from the finals?
Why do you allow, what has becomes an obvious top teams favouritism in on field refereeing calls ?

And that’s for starters.
People are whining about WT getting blown off the park in games. Well mate just look at the current score blow outs! Ya see the pattern … WT are no Robinson Crusoe in that regard.
We are still competing in games but the rules, referees and our attitude due to our position on the ladder are all contributing factors our situation. If we still had a chance for the finals I believe you would see a a different games and results to what you’ve seen over last few weeks. And if we along with whole lot of other bottom tier teams were given a real chance to revise and strengthen squads in a orderly manner … well that would be a first for NRL.

Titans have come from the bottom to 9th now this season and by all indications might be playing finals football next season?

Yes we compete in games but I do ask this question why do we continually give away professional fouls and 10 in the bin.

A player draft would even up clubs and player talent but do would not signing players in big $ long term contracts that add nothing.

Wow! SC have you had your head stuck in the sand or been walking around with blinders on?because the media have absolutely poleaxed Madge over the last couple of months.

@Tigerlily said in Press Conferences:

Wow! SC have you had your head stuck in the sand or been walking around with blinders on?because the media have absolutely poleaxed Madge over the last couple of months.

Sorry I have had my head in the sand Maguire poleaxed please explain

@Goanna57 said in Press Conferences:

There doesn’t appear to be any upside in mob lynching the coach when he is one of the few trying to right the ship.
Frankly, I’m surprised he took on the job.

@Goanna57 said in Press Conferences:

You haven’t seen the articles about him being too tough, the players are walking on eggshells, that he can’t have difficult conversations?

While poleaxed is probably to strong of a word, anyone that says he is untouchable in the media definitely has their head in the sand.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme