If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03

I’ve been thinking a lot in recent weeks about what if this had happened, and where we would be. It popped into my head a lot last night for obvious reasons. Appointing Sheens was a success in the short term given 05, but we could have had lucked into something special being contenders every year for the last 15+ years. When you talk about the club’s greatest losses, you immediately think Tedesco, but Bellamy is the true greatest loss this club has suffered.

What could have been…

@GNR4LIFE said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

I’ve been thinking a lot in recent weeks about what if this had happened, and where we would be. It popped into my head a lot last night for obvious reasons. Appointing Sheens was a success in the short term given 05, but we could have had lucked into something special being contenders every year for the last 15+ years. When you talk about the club’s greatest losses, you immediately think Tedesco, but Bellamy is the true greatest loss this club has suffered.

What could have been…

You can blame Bennett for that. Bellamy asked him whether he should consider coming to us and Bennett suggested we did not have the stability…which at the end of the day was correct.

How much input did Bellamy have in recruitment at Melbourne? If he alot then we would have maybe won another comp or two?
If none then had he come to WT he wouldn’t be the Bellamy we all know and love today.
I do think we would have definately had more success though.

Wasn’t there some rumour about Gould too? If i recall it went something along the lines of pay me $1 more than your highest paid player which the club obviously didn’t do.

@Furious1 said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

Wasn’t there some rumour about Gould too? If i recall it went something along the lines of pay me $1 more than your highest paid player which the club obviously didn’t do.

I think that was in 2000 when the JV formed. I remember Gus being linked to us then.

@Furious1 said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

That’s the Alex Ferguson method.

not sure what would have happened…unlike the Storm, we don’t much NRL support, they put a lot of effort into the Storm to make them successful

@Tigerdave said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

not sure what would have happened…unlike the Storm, we don’t much NRL support, they put a lot of effort into the Storm to make them successful

Dont forget news ltd have also supported them both on and off the field

Depends how many sets of books we have.

@The_Return said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

Depends how many sets of books we have.

It was only a matter of time

The cynic in me feels that if he took the job in 03 his career would have been over probably about 06. No other clubs would touch him after that.

@kiwitiger said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

The cynic in me feels that if he took the job in 03 his career would have been over probably about 06. No other clubs would touch him after that.

He wouldn’t had Cammy Inglis Slater Cronk to carry him if he came to the WT’S

Is this like a Lament or something…

@Geo said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

I’d say so … but this one goes back to 2003 😂

And how can Bellamy be a loss if we never had him 😳

@hobbo1 said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

@Geo said in If Bellamy has taken the job in ‘03:

I’d say so … but this one goes back to 2003 😂

And how can Bellamy be a loss if we never had him 😳

The best feedback we could get as a club would be players and coaches anonymously letting the club know why they didn’t sign with us

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme