Positivity's To Take Away From 2020

1- The unearthing and signing of Blore
2- Luciano, Madge has made him a beast
3- Liddles return, and finding form
4- GRANT- what a player
5- The release of deadwood (hopefully more to come)
6- and most importantly, we finally have a bloody goalkicker

@TheDaBoss said in Positivity's To Take Away From 2020:

4- GRANT- what a player

No homework tonight ?

Love Harry dearly, but think he has struggled with the week in week out challenge of NRL- maybe he’s not 100% with injury - but he’s not the same guy he was in the earlier games. Could just be that WT’s has worn his enthusiasm down. One thing he has in spades is the desire to compete and that makes him a real winner.

Not convinced on Blore as yet- too early. As for LUC his D needs work and his work rate as well. Not enough involvement in games and not enough metres from an 80minute player.

As for getting rid of the deadwood - can’t come soon enough.

Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward. That’s what I will take with me moving into next year.

the last few months have been horrendous, but that period of about 6 weeks where were established ourselves as a tough and uncompromising footy side that was buying into the coach’s systems gave me optimism. hopefully with some players that oppose Madge’s style heading out the door and the acquisition of some battle hardened forwards in Tamou and hopefully Hetherington, we’ll see that style of footy for 30 weeks, and not 6.

And we avoided the spoon again even after we played like spooners half the season 🤪

Aloiai - improved a lot, and became our only forward that could play in most of the other teams
Doueihi -with no injuries he is finally our 80%+ goalkicker
Liddle - without injuries he will be one of the best NRL #9

We got Blore, Utoikamanu, Tamou so far.

The biggest positives I can find are the players that flourished under Madge. It shows they have the grit to play hard and tough - something we’ve missed for years. It’s now a matter of finding more of the same.

NRL doesn’t have Relegation

Hartigan is a huge gain.
Our junior recruitment now includes Qld.
Our junior retention is improved.
Coaching and pathways is being improved.
COE
St Greg’s is back on the radar.
Holy Cross still producing talent.
McIntyre, Kepaoa, Liddle plus all our new recruits to date

@TheDaBoss said in Positivity's To Take Away From 2020:

4- GRANT- what a player

1. A fullback who can catch a bomb.
  2. Aloiai became a genuine prop.

Lots of great comments above.
I also think our best has been much better then any season i can remember since at least 10/11.
In some games our attack has looked out of this world (first 20 v parra), if D tightens up we will be a real handful

Personally the best thing is…there is only one game to go. Basically been a terrible season once again. If I had to name positives, I guess big Lucy, Big Sam, Liddle’s long awaited return from injuries, Nofo’s passion and of course Harry.

Anyway we will need more than Tamou and JAC to turn this mob into a top eight side. I don’t know how they are going to do it but they have to find homes for Reynolds,Packer, Moses M and BJ

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme