R.I.P. Dean Jones

One of my favourite players

@sheer64 said in R.I.P. Dean Jones:

One of my favourite players

Mine as well.

Wow I can’t believe it …
My favourite Aussie cricketer of all time

RIP Deano

Terrible news. What a fine batsmen he was.

great unorthodox batsmen, loved by many, RIP.

Never forget that double century he scored in India, when suffering food poisoning and batting with Border who told him if he wanted to go off a Queenslader was in next if he wanted to puss out. He was on a drip that night in hospital when Border found out. No tougher example of an Aussie sportsman.

Been watching him play in a few of the shortened highlight games on Fox

At his best was great to watch …great footwork to the spinners

And the innings in India pure guts …

Remember when he asked Curtley to take off his white wrist bands

RIP Dean Jones …my condolensces to his family and friends

@happy_tiger said in R.I.P. Dean Jones:

Remember when he asked Curtley to take off his white wrist bands

I was at that game on the hill

last edited by JRDee

Growing up as a kid I lived to watch Jones play 1-day cricket for Australia, when he was on he was just brilliant to watch. Very sad to hear of his passing, he will be missed by many.

Rip Dean, very sad day for his family/ friends and the cricketing world taken way to soon.🏏

Just saw the news flash…Deano was a champion that never got the headlines he deserved because Aussie cricket at the time was run by NSW

My mates 40th is this Saturday, as a gift we tried to get his childhood heroes to film a short video to say happy birthday. Some we had to pay, Dean Jones did it for free and has it filmed in the studio of the show he was doing in India, even bringing in Brett Lee at the end. He filmed it only 3 days ago. Such a shock.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme