One last game...

Someone once said “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge”. It would be easy to go through the motions, to “execute” the plan tonight. Yet moments like these define the temper of a team.
Through training, hard work, you can build stamina, speed, strength, skill…but the greatest attribute is spirit.
Out of respect for the jersey, show some tonight. Please.

I can’t see us winning but it will be good to have a strong effort for players last games 👌

@Tiger_heart said in One last game...:

Someone once said “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge”. It would be easy to go through the motions, to “execute” the plan tonight. Yet moments like these define the temper of a team.
Through training, hard work, you can build stamina, speed, strength, skill…but the greatest attribute is spirit.
Out of respect for the jersey, show some tonight. Please.

Many people have said “winning isn’t everything, but the will to win is.” Lombardi built a winning culture around building that desire to win, as many coaches and teams have, regardless of the depth of their talent. Sure it will be nice to finish the season with a win, but it will have no bearing on future performance.

If the players are legit in how much Benji and Chris has meant to their careers, they will go out there tonight and bust their guts! Might not mean much as far as our season goes, but to send two champions out as winners, and to win it for the fans, would be priceless.

Combine the emotion and Parra on a downward slope, I expect us to go very close tonight.

@Andyvee said in One last game...:

If the players are legit in how much Benji and Chris has meant to their careers, they will go out there tonight and bust their guts! Might not mean much as far as our season goes, but to send two champions out as winners, and to win it for the fans, would be priceless.

It would also be a really positive way to end the season, giving hope for 2021.

Don’t think it means anything for next year kind of like whether you win or lose a trial game has little barring on the season proper…

Sending off the departing players however will say a lot

I can’t tune into the game tonight, and while I am sad it will be the last time you’ll ever see Benji and Lawrence pull on a WT jersey again…I’m grateful for the good times these two players gave me years back, these two deserved more success (especially Lawrence) but it’s time to close the chapter and make new memories

Hope the rest of the team have a dig. Won’t be expecting much just as long as it’s not a blow out

We may have lost the race for ninth spot, but as of Sat morning we have the best points differential in the bottom eight… Does that qualify for a pass mark?

The guy trying the hardest will be Lawry…but, sadly, Lawry at center almost guarantees a loss. He just cannot defend side steps / lateral movement. Have we won a single game he has played out there in the past few games?

Madge should move him to the back row and at least give him a shot at a decent farewell.

@Magpieger said in One last game...:

We may have lost the race for ninth spot, but as of Sat morning we have the best points differential in the bottom eight… Does that qualify for a pass mark?

No

@ElleryHanley said in One last game...:

The guy trying the hardest will be Lawry…but, sadly, Lawry at center almost guarantees a loss. He just cannot defend side steps / lateral movement. Have we won a single game he has played out there in the past few games?

Madge should move him to the back row and at least give him a shot at a decent farewell.

Defeated Brisbane 48-0

@Geo said in One last game...:

@ElleryHanley said in One last game...:

Defeated Brisbane 48-0

I am going to say Broncos don’t count 🙂

Jokes aside…he is not a center and has not been one since the hip injury, sadly.

Will be toasting Lawrence and Benji with plenty of liquids tonight. 2 WT legends who have given a truckload of good memories.
Trust the boys will rip in for them tonight…and send Parra hobbling into next week with plenty of bruises from a brutal, physical onslaught. Here’s hoping anyhow👍

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme