Browny on Triple M - Adam Blair & WT

Listened to Browny’s coaches corner segment on Triple M today. He was taking about Adam Blair and his pending retirement. Very interesting comments about WT and our culture.

Browny said Blair came through the storm system and is the hardest trainer and always puts in effort.

Browny then said when Blair came to WT, the players did warm to him because he trained too hard and tackeled/wrestled too hard at training.

Girds said that it was interesting Blair was all effort because he thinks he’s had long patches if underperforming, including at WT.

Brown said, Blair at storm had a clear job. Run a line for cronk and tackle. But at WT a second rower playing off Marshall is very different.

Said Blair then went to Broncs and was a big reason they made the GF. Meanwhile tigers still haven’t made finals.

Implication was culture at WT isn’t great and they don’t like hard work.

@frullens said in Browny on Triple M - Adam Blair & WT:

Listened to Browny’s coaches corner segment on Triple M today. He was taking about Adam Blair and his pending retirement. Very interesting comments about WT and our culture.

Browny said Blair came through the storm system and is the hardest trainer and always puts in effort.

Browny then said when Blair came to WT, the players did warm to him because he trained too hard and tackeled/wrestled too hard at training.

Girds said that it was interesting Blair was all effort because he thinks he’s had long patches if underperforming, including at WT.

Brown said, Blair at storm had a clear job. Run a line for cronk and tackle. But at WT a second rower playing off Marshall is very different.

Said Blair then went to Broncs and was a big reason they made the GF. Meanwhile tigers still haven’t made finals.

It’s funny you mentioned this …I stumbled on some program which the two guys spoke to Blake Ayshford

If you listen to how many times a week the younger players would get on the piss st the WTs…you’d be shocked

They still be going out on a Thursday night

Well let’s hope under Madge those days are behind us. Maybe why there has been rumors of the training being too hard for some of our petals!

last edited by TigerSJ

“the coach says I can’t get pissed 3 times a week. I’m on eggshells!”

All the more reason to keep Madge a d dump all the losers we have in our squad

@happy_tiger said in Browny on Triple M - Adam Blair & WT:

@frullens said in Browny on Triple M - Adam Blair & WT:

It’s funny you mentioned this …I stumbled on some program which the two guys spoke to Blake Ayshford

If you listen to how many times a week the younger players would get on the piss st the WTs…you’d be shocked

They still be going out on a Thursday night

Interesting you say this. I remember a few years ago talking to a mate of Nathan Brown’s at a party, about a year after Brown left. He said the culture at the club was terrible and they all loved to party.

Yah this seems to always be the opinion on our club, and it clearly shows.

No wonder we haven’t made the finals for the last 9 years, the players are to much in a hurry to get to mad Monday than playing finals

Hopefully a lot has changed since then - that would have been under Mick Potters watch. I’d be more interested in hearing what Harry Grant has to say as a more relevant comparison.

@gnr4life…he mentioned what bars …depending on the nights …obviously some places were better on a Monday or Tuesday than others

Anyone could see that we the players didn’t apply themselves like the professional squads do.

Madge will change that but it’s going to take a few years which we all don’t like.

But but but Madge is too tough.

I like the bit where they use Adam Blair as an example of how WT culture wasn’t good enough. The bloke might have trained the house down but he was substandard for his contract with us, and never did any better anywhere else.

Turns out he had a much simpler job at Storm - run off Cronk, support Inglis, wave to Billy Slater and do what Cameron Smith told him.

@jirskyr said in Browny on Triple M - Adam Blair & WT:

I like the bit where they use Adam Blair as an example of how WT culture wasn’t good enough. The bloke might have trained the house down but he was substandard for his contract with us, and never did any better anywhere else.

Turns out he had a much simpler job at Storm - run off Cronk, support Inglis, wave to Billy Slater and do what Cameron Smith told him.

That is Melbourne Storm through and through though, know and do your simple role and do it well. It is why a lot of average players go there and do well. Smith actually allows for a lot of this as he creates situations where his forwards are one on one.

last edited by cochise

Brown thinks he Is the guru Master of football done nothing in nrl coaching yet.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme