Junior Sports under Covid

Hi all

Been today at my child’s state titles

Been good to see how it has worked so far …we have been getting warnings about social distancing and there has been people from the health dept walking around making sure that it is being practiced as much as possible

We have all been warned that 2 breaches will lead to our child’s team being kicked out

Once you reached maximum numbers you were told if you left you would surrender yout wrist bracelet and would have to wait for someone to get in

The kids are in a hub environment like the NRL players …bit tough on a few kids

Overall I’d say it has been a success

I feel for the Victorian kids - no sport.

My kids team struggled early with a disrupted season and it came out in strange ways at training and on the field. They are only 14 so I’m not sure they would have coped with a hub (or me lol)

@the_third said in Junior Sports under Covid:

My kids team struggled early with a disrupted season and it came out in strange ways at training and on the field. They are only 14 so I’m not sure they would have coped with a hub (or me lol)

She struggled yesterday …but now all good

last edited by happy_tiger

@happy_tiger said in Junior Sports under Covid:

Good to hear.

My kid got knocked into next week and missed most of his season with a concussion. Wasn’t easy at all. 5 weeks all up

Hi all

Been good to see how it has worked so far …we have been getting warnings about social distancing and there has been people from the health dept walking around making sure that it is being practiced as much as possible

We have all been warned that 2 breaches will lead to our child’s team being kicked out

Once you reached maximum numbers you were told if you left you would surrender yout wrist bracelet and would have to wait for someone to get in

Hope you’re keeping that bag on your head !

Good to hear.

My kid got knocked into next week and missed most of his season with a concussion. Wasn’t easy at all. 5 weeks all up

Mine struggles a bit being away from family

Instead of letting that mental nervous rnergy out …she takes it in which gets her very panicy

@hobbo1 said in Junior Sports under Covid:

Hi all

Hope you’re keeping that bag on your head !

No …but getting around in my full dcuba hear and switching tanks has been tough

last edited by happy_tiger

Good to hear.

Like to give yo an example she is wide awake now at 3am worried she is going to let the team down after being told by the coach last night she isnt going to br subbed unless she is tired or sore

Instead of seeing the pisitive of the fact she has played extremely well

Been a big Covid breach today …event may be closed to spectators

Fans opening the barricades up to get out instead of using the exits

Playing with spectators today

Speakong to a team manager from another region mentioned many haveny been clocking out and people wete wsiting ovrr an hour to get in so jumped the fence

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme