My 2 cents on the Result

So we are the first team in 112 years to concede 26+ points for 10 games in a row! I’m sick of people commending the team for effort! Obviously there’s always effort! Your not leading 24-16 with 10 mins to go without EFFORT in the NRL! But accepting effort alone is MEDIOCRITY and that’s what we’ve been for the last 10 years!

End of the day, we didn’t get the result! We didn’t get the win! We will never win a premiership let alone play finals if we don’t ice those games! It’s that SIMPLE!!

10 mins to go and 8 points in front and we can’t defend that! Our attack is our best defense so atleast score some bloody points instead of holding a lead when you know your defense can’t handle it! Why go for goal when everybody knows you can’t defend 8 points! Put the foot on the bloody throat for once! Go for the damn try!

I really don’t understand the hype of Twal whatsoever! His first contact on Junior Paulo and Kane Evans was absolutely appalling to say the least! SOFT AS BUTTER! Only Luciano Leilua and Shawn Blore had any form of impact for us in the fwds this whole year! Twal is so one dimensional, doesn’t pass, never throws an offload, never bends the line, and can’t stop an offload to save his life! He’s not a LOCK fwd in any era. Luciano Leilua is the perfect lock, who always breaks the first and second tackle and got a dangerous offloading game!

Then there’s Chee Kam. I hate to say it, but seriously what has he actually done to get resigned! It’s the harsh truth! Bellamy wouldn’t resign him if he played for the Storm so why should we! Oliver Clark is 10x the player MCK is! MCK is useless, looks like a headless chook in defense. Doesn’t have soft hands in attack. Another dud that we keep just for so called “potential!” I can tell you right now, he wouldn’t make any other team except ours! If that’s not saying something about the quality and ability of the player, nothing will!

MCK won us 2 games last year with clutch plays so we re-signed him for 2 years. Still not a bad decision and a good player to have in the top 20

Mikaele/Twal have not adapted to 2020 well. As long as they’re willing to try hard, they should improve.

Yeah up by 8 with 10 to go and we let in two of the softest tries you’ll ever see. Its ingrained in the club. It’s acceptable from the owners point of view IMO.

@gallagher said in My 2 cents on the Result:

Yeah up by 8 with 10 to go and we let in two of the softest tries you’ll ever see. Its ingrained in the club. It’s acceptable from the owners point of view IMO.

But as we’ve learnt this week the board is untouchable…
Or maybe it’s the merchandise dept that okay’s the decisions 😂

@tig_prmz said in My 2 cents on the Result:

MCK won us 2 games last year with clutch plays so we re-signed him for 2 years. Still not a bad decision and a good player to have in the top 20

Mikaele/Twal have not adapted to 2020 well. As long as they’re willing to try hard, they should improve.

Mikaele and Twal have regressed big time …plodders United

@hobbo1 said in My 2 cents on the Result:

Never saw much in Mikaele but Twal had a really bog average season . He was my biggest disappointment

Never saw much in Mikaele but Twal had a really bog average season . He was my biggest disappointment

Twal
No step
No offload
No lateral movement
Plodder

Twal
No step
No offload
No lateral movement
Plodder

He was one of my favourites last year. Not sure what’s happened to him this year. Will be lucky to make the 17 next year.

Twal
No step
No offload
No lateral movement
Plodder

And people want him at 13, seriously, he is a prop, and on form, a bench one

@851 said in My 2 cents on the Result:

Twal
No step
No offload
No lateral movement
Plodder

And people want him at 13, seriously, he is a prop, and on form, a bench one

Reserve grade prop

Twal lost his best mate Matterson, still getting over it

@tigerap said in My 2 cents on the Result:

Twal lost his best mate Matterson, still getting over it

Maybe he can go back to Parra

Brown / Twal swap deal ?

That’s the reason why Madge is turning over players and cleaning out the rubbish…
The culture needs changing and he is the man to do this.
We have brought a lot of talented young players and once we can offload the Reynolds, Packer & Mbye Madge can use that money on some bigger named players that know how to perform consistently…
I’m 100% behind what Madge is dong and in about 2 years we will all look back on this season and letting these under performing players go and ask WHY DID WE WAIT SO LONG…

@hsvjones said in My 2 cents on the Result:

That’s the reason why Madge is turning over players and cleaning out the rubbish…
The culture needs changing and he is the man to do this.
We have brought a lot of talented young players and once we can offload the Reynolds, Packer & Mbye Madge can use that money on some bigger named players that know how to perform consistently…
I’m 100% behind what Madge is dong and in about 2 years we will all look back on this season and letting these under performing players go and ask WHY DID WE WAIT SO LONG…

So the way team is playing is all on the players nothing to with the coach. Conceding 26 points 10 games in a row new nrl record absolutely no improvement back end of season or on season 18/19.Titans 5 in a row back end of season showing good improvement,warriors improved. But our squad is so poor we are going backwards team finished 9th last 2 years but it’s all the players nothing to do with Maguire

@chiranth said in My 2 cents on the Result:

So we are the first team in 112 years to concede 26+ points for 10 games in a row! I’m sick of people commending the team for effort! Obviously there’s always effort! Your not leading 24-16 with 10 mins to go without EFFORT in the NRL! But accepting effort alone is MEDIOCRITY and that’s what we’ve been for the last 10 years!

End of the day, we didn’t get the result! We didn’t get the win! We will never win a premiership let alone play finals if we don’t ice those games! It’s that SIMPLE!!

10 mins to go and 8 points in front and we can’t defend that! Our attack is our best defense so atleast score some bloody points instead of holding a lead when you know your defense can’t handle it! Why go for goal when everybody knows you can’t defend 8 points! Put the foot on the bloody throat for once! Go for the damn try!

I really don’t understand the hype of Twal whatsoever! His first contact on Junior Paulo and Kane Evans was absolutely appalling to say the least! SOFT AS BUTTER! Only Luciano Leilua and Shawn Blore had any form of impact for us in the fwds this whole year! Twal is so one dimensional, doesn’t pass, never throws an offload, never bends the line, and can’t stop an offload to save his life! He’s not a LOCK fwd in any era. Luciano Leilua is the perfect lock, who always breaks the first and second tackle and got a dangerous offloading game!

Then there’s Chee Kam. I hate to say it, but seriously what has he actually done to get resigned! It’s the harsh truth! Bellamy wouldn’t resign him if he played for the Storm so why should we! Oliver Clark is 10x the player MCK is! MCK is useless, looks like a headless chook in defense. Doesn’t have soft hands in attack. Another dud that we keep just for so called “potential!” I can tell you right now, he wouldn’t make any other team except ours! If that’s not saying something about the quality and ability of the player, nothing will!

I’m not blaming AD, but if he kicked the way he did a week or so go, the score would have been 32 - 16 with 10 to go. Game over.

The boys played great. Just a couple of players short of a very, very good team.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme