Brooks to Garner

I can’t help wondering if a better backrower would have scored that try at the end. I realise he’s no Kikau or Angus Crichton, but geez he was easy meat Gutherson. That pass deserved better. It was a pearler.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

That’s where the fullback should be up along side him as well. He should’ve stayed straight and tried to hold up Gutho a little

He didn’t even look to his unmarked man to his left… Bombed it as badly as Brooks kick on tackle 1

He had AJ out side him. Gardner need to straight up take /ride the Gutho tackle and pass to AJ for the try… 101 stuff… blew it…

Yeah need better in the NRL.

@innsaneink said in Brooks to Garner:

He didn’t even look to his unmarked man to his left… Bombed it as badly as Brooks kick on tackle 1

What was brooks thinking there was no one chasing

The number of clutch plays Brooks has come up with this year… I’m very impressed!

Why was Garner on the left though?

@haberfield_tiger said in Brooks to Garner:

He had AJ out side him. Gardner need to straight up take /ride the Gutho tackle and pass to AJ for the try… 101 stuff… blew it…

Exactly

Exactly

It was last tackle, the inside was covered and Asu was a little too far.

The best option is hindsight was to slow down and wait for Kepaoa but with things happening at such pace, I don’t really blame him that much. I’m just glad we could create line breaks when needed.

All Garner had to do was straighten, draw and pass and AJ goes in untouched. AJ wasn;t that far away!

@tig_prmz said in Brooks to Garner:

Exactly

The best option is hindsight was to slow down and wait for Kepaoa but with things happening at such pace, I don’t really blame him that much. I’m just glad we could create line breaks when needed.

He had time to set his support

110% had time to get support but are we really going to criticise a bloke running such a good line, with decent hands (looking at u Mikaele), in the last game of the year and also looking to cement his future.

I’m happy there’s a combination building between the two Luke’s again!

‘KFC’ bucket Cummins saw us off

last edited by TieDye

@tig_prmz said in Brooks to Garner:

Exactly

He had time to set his support

I think he chose the 2nd best option, but as I said when you’re going at close to 80% of your speed and feel defenders behind you, you don’t want to slow down. Most 2nd rowers wouldn’t have been table to take that chance IMO

Another if only thread 😂 … but I’ll add to it …

Poor positional play from AJ cost them not Garner

I was blowing up out there last night but having just seen it again i don’t think Garner could have done anything else. There were more Parra players around it than WT. I suppose he could have just thrown a hail mary, but that would have been it.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme