Harry Grant

A huge thank you to Harry Grant, please come back if you can!!! All the tiger fans love you 🙂 and thank you for signing my members cap

I have one of my employees who unfortunately has a terminal illness and is a massive Storm fan and I spoke to the Melbourne club earlier in the year and asked if some players could send him a message. I was able to have Harry Grant send a message with Nico Hynes and he was a class act then.

Harry you were a class act to the end and pioneer for the loan system with Momorovski. Hope Momo gets into the Storm side for the finals and gets some experience he can bring back to us next year or Storm like him to stay and say we will give you JAC and keep Momo. Win Win.

Thanks Harry even if you play for the Storm next year I will support you as a player.

last edited by Sully

He will definitely be missed. Come on Cam go around for another year.

“Most definitely,” Cameron responds when asked if there would be so much conjecture if his two slated successors weren’t so good.

"We’ve got Brandon who is currently the Kiwis No.9, and we’ve got Harry Grant who was part of an historic loan deal with the Wests Tigers.

“And Harry going out and playing the way he did this year. But to us that wasn’t a surprise at all … There is no doubt there is so much interest in that because what has transpired this year, particularly because of the loan deal with Harry.”

Smith and Grant are contracted to the Storm until the end of 2022.

But the fact Cam Smith keeps occupying the No.9 jersey they both crave has rivals, including the Bulldogs, Tigers and Titans watching with interest and salary cap space set aside.

A much-publicised clause in Grant’s contract is believed to not be as cut and dry as Smith playing on meaning the 22-year-old would move elsewhere.

Smith said as much in the very next breath on Monday.

“I have spoken to Harry on numerous occasions this year and at no stage has he ever asked me the question about what I am doing so he can sort his future,” Smith said.

"He is committed to being in Melbourne next year no matter what.

“Whatever my decision is everyone will find out and everyone will carry on with their lives and their footy careers post that.”

Smith’s namesake may well be harder to hang onto.

At 24 with four seasons to his name and dummy-half chops that would make him a walk-up start at most rivals, Brandon Smith conceded last week his own future hinged on his senior teammate.

“Obviously, with Cam, the decision will determine me and Harry’s future but there is no pressure on him,” he said.

“If Cam ends up leaving I will definitely stay at the Storm but until then we just don’t know.”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/28/cams-call-smith-speaks-on-future-successors-and-bellamys-next-move/

@05TIGZZ said in Harry Grant:

Harry’s gone either way.

@Sully said in Harry Grant:

I have one of my employees who unfortunately has a terminal illness and is a massive Storm fan and I spoke to the Melbourne club earlier in the year and asked if some players could send him a message. I was able to have Harry Grant send a message with Nico Hynes and he was a class act then.

Harry you were a class act to the end and pioneer for the loan system with Momorovski. Hope Momo gets into the Storm side for the finals and gets some experience he can bring back to us next year or Storm like him to stay and say we will give you JAC and keep Momo. Win Win.

Thanks Harry even if you play for the Storm next year I will support you as a player.

Keep Momers??? I don’t think so. Is there a centre in the game with a better try scoring rate?

@GNR4LIFE said in Harry Grant:

Harry’s gone either way.

No matter what Cam Smith does, we won’t see both Brandon and Harry at the Storm in 2022. One of them will leave.

They won’t let go of Harry, Brandon will be the one leaving - he’s been pretty outspoken about that.

@Moh said in Harry Grant:

They won’t let go of Harry, Brandon will be the one leaving - he’s been pretty outspoken about that.

Agree looks like what is happening.

Harry’s gone either way.

Well if Bellamy didn’t know when they interviewed him last time not sure how you would know.

Harry’s gone either way.

Well if Bellamy didn’t know when they interviewed him last time not sure how you would know.

Our club must know as they farewelled him yesterday.

Brandon might be a target no way he will stay if cam plays on and they keep harry. Remember we do have the kiwi national coach too big lure.
Take Brandon and flog off Liddle and blood Simpkin

@Jedi_Tiger said in Harry Grant:

Brandon might be a target no way he will stay if cam plays on and they keep harry. Remember we do have the kiwi national coach too big lure.

Liddle is a keeper

@jadtiger said in Harry Grant:

@Jedi_Tiger said in Harry Grant:

Liddle is a keeper

Agreed. We’re yet to see the best of him and what he did in limited minutes this season was slick.

If we can’t get harry i wouldnt be going after Brandon Smith.
He’s a great hooker but we have liddle and simpkin with big wraps.

Harry on the other hand will be a immortal

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme