Wests Tigers - Who are we..

Another failed year at the mighty Wests Tigers got me thinking what this Club actually stands for…

What are the core values of Wests Tigers…?

I’m not even sure they know themselves

What does the Club define itself as…?

Why should we bother being a member…?

@Geo said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

Another failed year at the mighty Wests Tigers got me thinking what this Club actually stands for…

I’m not a member …
We’re just a training tool for other teams to hone their skills on .

You missed two “Who Are’s” in your thread title

What is our Mission Statement?

Please outline our Strategic Plan for the next 5 years

What are our core values?

last edited by mike

If you look at my past posts you will see I have said a few times we don’t stand for anything. That’s why it’s so hard to build a culture, because nobody knows what to draw on. Hate to sound like a broken record but…1 home ground would be a big start.

@Furious1 said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

If you look at my past posts you will see I have said a few times we don’t stand for anything. That’s why it’s so hard to build a culture, because nobody knows what to draw on. Hate to sound like a broken record but…1 home ground would be a big start.

That great and agree…

but the question is what should it be …not what it currently is or isnt…

@mike said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

Don’t think they have one tbh…

That’s why Im asking…

@mike said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

Don’t think they have one tbh…

That’s why Im asking…

I know they don’t, that’s why I asked. These are just basic items usual to any reasonably sized organisation. It’s a fundamental flaw by the Board.

This post is deleted!

Our mission statement would in essence be exactly the same as every other mission statement ever written.

@rustycage said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

Our mission statement would in essence be exactly the same as every other mission statement ever written.

Like enriching the lives of there community 😂

@rustycage said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

Such as?

I know that we are an entity of some sort. That’s about all I know. I couldn’t tell you what values we stand for, or who the face of the organisation is now that Benji is gone.

We have quite a lot of players of Polynesian descent within our ranks. We should be doing something to utilise them to our advantage. Take trips to the islands (once covid allows it) to learn about their values and instil them within our own organisation. We should make ourselves the no. 1 club that all the Poly boys want to play for. I actually think we are perfect for that, as we don’t have one home. Much like guys from the pacific, we have spiritual homes that we always go back to, but home is always where our family is.

last edited by Kazoo Kid

This is an area that I am really interested in, I often wonder if the club sees itself in the same way the supporters do,

I see us as a middle of the road club that doesn’t really know what it represents, be that a geographical area or a set of values or identity. What identity do we have? Maybe it is due to our young age as a club but I don’t know what we stand for.

What would I like to see as our values?
A professional team that never gives up, is committed, that fights for every inch, every win. A team that values its supporter base and shows this regularly. Players that would bleed for the club, that believes in the club, that fights for the club. A united identity, that respects its past but is not held back by it. A team and club that fights to win every moment on and off the field.

@cochise said in Wests Tigers - Who are we..:

This is an area that I am really interested in, I often wonder if the club sees itself in the same way the supporters do,

I see us as a middle of the road club that doesn’t really know what it represents, be that a geographical area or a set of values or identity. What identity do we have? Maybe it is due to our young age as a club but I don’t know what we stand for.

What would I like to see as our values?
A professional team that never gives up, is committed, that fights for every inch, every win. A team that values its supporter base and shows this regularly. Players that would bleed for the club, that believes in the club, that fights for the club. A united identity, that respects its past but is not held back by it. A team and club that fights to win every moment on and off the field.

I’ll buy into that.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme