How good is Stefano?

How many runs in first grade did Stefano get with parra this year? Didn’t see anything at all but I didn’t watch a lot of footy.

Will he be a regular first grader with the Tigers or just a fill in? Does he have a good motor or will he be limited minutes off the bench?

Can he tackle?

Really haven’t seen enough of him, but I do think he’ll be a regular off the bench - at least to begin with. What happens from there depends on if he reaches that potential or not.

Im guessing he woll need lots of eork on his n
Motor

Jury is still out for me. I feel like if he was really that good, he’d be a bigger part of the Eels side this year. There’s so much expectation on him that he’ll be labeled a plodder by the halfway point of next season. Mark my words.

Only young but already with some first grade Experience (curtesy of Brad Arthur) … so that’s where it will stay unless he is really really special … development of forwards is slow business … and if you expect too much too soon you’ll probably be disappointed.
Patience required from those with “nuffy” placards at the ready.

Don’t expect him to hit the ground running round 1 2021, but I’m expecting him to be able to be a good starting front rower by mid 2022.

He’s a long term investment.

@GNR4LIFE said in How good is Stefano?:

Jury is still out for me. I feel like if he was really that good, he’d be a bigger part of the Eels side this year. There’s so much expectation on him that he’ll be labeled a plodder by the halfway point of next season. Mark my words.

Oh really … here we go … just can’t wait to write people off.
Sign a mature forward … a plodder.
Sign young well qualified forward with potential … a plodder.
Release a forward in mid development like Siro or Paseka and they turn out good … it’s crap recruitment or we have crap coach time.
Just can’t win with some on here.

@happy_tiger said in How good is Stefano?:

Im guessing he woll need lots of eork on his n
Motor

Engrish please…

I think we are praying he becomes our Petro
Metre eater,solid middle defender
From his very limited game time this year,the only thing I can say is he is mammoth of a lad
Doesn’t look overly aggressive like Blore
I can’t judge too much yet.

People will have to remember he’s still young and Learning the game. Reports are he’s a big body with a good motor who gets through a lot of work. Played NSW U18’s and U20’s, scored the match winner in the 18’s and had impressive stats in the 20’s.

He will come good for us but everyone will have to be patient

Hes Big and evidently quite mobile based on advice from my Parra mates.

Recruiting Young and Big = Thumbs Up

Hope he’s good but he looked pretty slow in his limited minutes in 1st grade. Didn’t appear to be much of an impact player.

@avocadoontoast said in How good is Stefano?:

Hope he’s good but he looked pretty slow in his limited minutes in 1st grade. Didn’t appear to be much of an impact player.

I don’t think he’s an impact player, the comparison he gets is with Payne Haas. Will make big metres and be difficult to slow down which sounds good to me we lack metres up the middle especially off the bench

He has played bugger all minutes at Parra , they kept him there in spite when they could have let him come to us early , his heart probs not in it , could be a lot better next year

some on this forum will never say ‘oh, i made a mistake’!
Many ‘took the knee’ to Packer, even after one good game after 2 very awful years, he was for them our best prop ever!
Or Jennings, he was the best thing after sliced bread, until he started playing for us!
So I would not be surprised if all ‘JAC or nothing’ mob, will soon recogise that his defence and even catching bombs are not his strong points!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme