Looking at the finalists thus far..

I can’t help but think we are light years away from being able to compete, at that level…Not saying we’ll never be, but I am not sure we have enough juniors coming thru (say like Cronulla or the Broncos) showing signs of great potential, as future players.
I know you can argue that the finals are a different game, and they are, but I can’t see how, had we made the 8, we would have done anything more than make up the number.

Grim…

@Tiger_heart said in Looking at the finalists thus far..:

I can’t help but think we are light years away from being able to compete, at that level…Not saying we’ll never be, but I am not sure we have enough juniors coming thru (say like Cronulla or the Broncos) showing signs of great potential, as future players.
I know you can argue that the finals are a different game, and they are, but I can’t see how, had we made the 8, we would have done anything more than make up the number.

Grim…

I don’t think light years away, but a couple. Still missing a mongrel forward or back and outside back speed. Slowly coming together. You can see the genesis of a very good team.

Half the teams in the finals are light years away from being able to compete

Grim…

So what is the difference to teams such as Cronulla who made the 8 and and were immediately easily eliminated?

modules:composer.user_said_in, @Tiger_heart, Looking at the finalists thus far..

Grim…

you mean like the Anchovies?😊

Newcastle are not particularly good…

But the facts are they put almost 90 on us in two games. They absolutely walloped us…twice.

Our D is nowhere near semi final level and that is why we are not there again.

@Newtown said in Looking at the finalists thus far..:

Grim…

So what is the difference to teams such as Cronulla who made the 8 and and were immediately easily eliminated?

Probably the draw.

Line speed in defence is our greatest weakness, followed by lack of real class in the spine

@tonza said in Looking at the finalists thus far..:

@Newtown said in Looking at the finalists thus far..:

Grim…

Probably the draw.

I can’t believe they had not beaten a top 8 team all season and yet somehow made the finals!

Newcastle were dreadful vs Souffs. Making the 8 doesn’t necessarily mean you’re good. I think it means you’ve had more decisions go your way throughout the season.

@rustycage said in Looking at the finalists thus far..:

Newcastle were dreadful vs Souffs. Making the 8 doesn’t necessarily mean you’re good. I think it means you’ve had more decisions go your way throughout the season.

They beat us twice and scored 90…they deserved their spot.

If we had of beaten them twice, we would have got that spot. But that put 90 on us. It shows, IMO, how far away we are at this point as they are not particularly good.

@ElleryHanley said in Looking at the finalists thus far..:

If we had of beaten them twice, we would have got that spot. But that put 90 on us. It shows, IMO, how far away we are at this point as they are not particularly good.

No doubt we were shocking against them this year.

The scary thing was that they were massively out of form when we played them the second time…but they beat us by 40. They then barely did a thing / got hammered the next month.

In racing terms, that is a terrible form line.

I really think the Sharks / Knights are two of the worst finals teams we have seen in a decade or so.

Which makes us missing out by six points a serious red flag.

I think next season will likely be a lot stronger.

The scary thing was that they were massively out of form when we played them the second time…but they beat us by 40. They then barely did a thing / got hammered the next month.

In racing terms, that is a terrible form line.

I really think the Sharks / Knights are two of the worst finals teams we have seen in a decade or so.

Which makes us missing out by six points a serious red flag.

I think next season will likely be a lot stronger.

In fairness, they didn’t have the cap restraints as we did this season.

I agree. Our team lineup across the park…I think we could be in real strife next year unfortunately. No experienced hooker, no quality fullback, no star halves, forwards struggled this year (albeit Tamou next year will help a tad). I dunno hah. I have to accept what may come next year and not be upset about it. Hopefully 2022 more moves 👍

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme