Off contract 2021.

Does anyone have a list of WT players who are off contract at the end of 2021?

Noffa
Aloaia
Walters
Liddle
Packer
Reynolds
Blore

That’s a fair amount of coin available. The BJ club option was a smart move . He either turns up ready to go or he doesn’t , and that’s 600k off the books .

last edited by Spartan117

@Strongee said in Off contract 2021.:

That’s a fair amount of coin available. The BJ club option was a smart move . He either turns up ready to go or he doesn’t , and that’s 600k off the books .

Very handy if true

last edited by Spartan117

@GNR4LIFE said in Off contract 2021.:

@Strongee said in Off contract 2021.:

Jesus , that’s a fair amount of coin available. The BJ club option was a smart move . He either turns up ready to go or he doesn’t , and that’s 600k off the books .

Very handy if true

I mentioned this a while back. I think you said you don’t pay any attention to club options because there are too many conditions. Looks fairly straightforward to me.

@WT2K said in Off contract 2021.:

Aloiai
Blore
MCK
BJ (Club Option)
Liddle
Mikaele
Musgrove
Nofoaluma
Packer
Reynolds
Walters
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/2020-signings-tracker-nrl-rosters-signings--contracts-for-all-16-teams/#weststigers

A lot of players will be playing for their careers in this lot.

Aloiai
Blore
MCK
BJ (Club Option)
Liddle
Mikaele
Musgrove
Nofoaluma
Packer
Reynolds
Walters
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/2020-signings-tracker-nrl-rosters-signings--contracts-for-all-16-teams/#weststigers

Wow, didnt know BJ was only a 2 year deal with club option (for a 3rd). I doubt WT takes up that option at this stage. He is going to have to really step up a notch next season.

last edited by Roar_Power

A couple in there should be signed relatively early

Aloiai
Blore
MCK
Liddle
Mikaele (would be cheap)
Musgrove
Nofoaluma

I’d be looking at extending all of these by another 2 years

Mck can pack his bags wining isn’t everything to him and we needs players that consider winning and loosening life and death

I didn’t know BJ was a club option that’s a smart decision. Only a few I would keep at this point in time

I would be looking to lock down Aloiai and Nofa, though not at stupid prices.

Is an audition year for a couple of others (Liddle, Blore, Musgrove, Mikaele, Walters and BJ) and I hope that they can prove that they are worth keeping, though I think that might apply to 3 at most.

The rest should be free to pack their bags now.

Aloiai
Blore
MCK
BJ (Club Option)
Liddle
Mikaele
Musgrove
Nofoaluma
Packer
Reynolds
Walters

This for me is a big concern as come Nov 1 All these players are available to sign elsewhere…
Why as a club have we not agreed to extensions to some of these guys before other come in and increase prices ???
Surely we would want to keep - Aloiai, Blore, Nofo, and Musgrove…
We have not had a resigning announcement for ages and all the other clubs are locking up there talent…

Interesting. I think I’d approach it in tiers.

Tier 1 (Sign them now with the possibility of upgrade)
Aloiai
Musgrove
Nofoaluma

Tier 2 (See how they go - possibility of good upgrade if they perform)
Blore
BJ (Club Option)
Liddle
Mikaele
Walters

Tier3 (Only as possible benchies/backups and on less money)
MCK
Packer
Reynolds (I like grub but by the end of next year I think he’s finished in NRL)

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme